Keyboard windows 7 doesnt work

hi,

i am on windows 7 and for a week, my keyboard doesn't work. the key p, return, tab, and some others won't work. ma visual keyboard works fine - except the question mark - . i tried the pilots, and the computer says it has the best pilots so no need to update. i don't know where it comes from, but then, after a windows update, my keyboard came back to normal. it worked fine for three days and then, again, it screw up. it's always the same keys that don't work, so i don't think my keyboard is worn out. my computer is only one year old. it's a sony vaio laptop. each time i press the p key, for example, the start button -physical one- blinks. same for the other buttons. when i press the return key, the start button blinks.
and while i am having this problem, my computer has trouble loading. sometimes it freezes and i have to unplug it and remove the battery to reboot.

in the bios, the keys don't work either.

can anyone help
13 answers Last reply
More about keyboard windows doesnt work
  1. Did u spill your coffee? : ) Happens all the time!

Try to clean under the keys or re-install the driver for keyboard.
  2. no i didn't spill anything i already tried to reinstall didnt help and the keyboard is clean
  3. ok i try
  4. It could be defective as well, hopefully it isn't : )
  5. malware didn't help
  6. Whats your laptop model?
  7. sony vaio
  8. That's all?
  9. waht esle do you want, the serial number
  10. there is probably 3 dozen of Vaio's .
  11. The best thing you can do is to plug in a USB keyboard to try it.

If USB keyboard works, then the laptop keyboard is most likely broken. Get it replaced.
  12. Yep, that's what I would do ^^^^
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows 7 Computers Keyboards