Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Dual core cpu

Last response: in CPUs
October 11, 2010 12:38:08 PM

my old computer suddenly stopped working, when i turn it on all i see is a black screen, but the unit, the leds all the fans including the processor fans are running they're all on. I removed the vga card and connected lcd monitor to the on-board vga, but it's still the same just black screen no POST, i also know the dimm's are working because it worked in my other computer... so does that mean my cpu is dead? It's an intel pentium dual core, on a gigabyte g41-es2l main board, please help!

More about : dual core cpu

Best solution

a b à CPUs
October 11, 2010 2:49:47 PM

doubted its the cpu, souinds like the board is gone
October 11, 2010 3:06:54 PM

Yeah CPUs really don't die very often (pretty much never), probably the motherboard is dead.
m
l
Related resources
October 11, 2010 3:52:20 PM

I thought so too, but, should it not turn on at all (i mean the hddled/powerled and fans and cpu fan) if it's the board? I'd be glad if it's the motherboard because it's cheaper.... but if i buy a new board and it's not the one broken then I'd still be wasting some of them bucks.
m
l
a b à CPUs
October 11, 2010 6:16:58 PM

if u are no hearing any bios beep codes then u can be sure its the board
m
l
a b à CPUs
October 11, 2010 6:32:48 PM

xaira said:
if u are no hearing any bios beep codes then u can be sure its the board

Unless of course there isn't a built-in system speaker ;) 
m
l
a b à CPUs
October 11, 2010 7:01:11 PM

^ POINT
m
l
a c 83 à CPUs
October 11, 2010 7:19:11 PM

moody89 said:
Unless of course there isn't a built-in system speaker ;) 

I never hook those up in my builds. :lol: 
m
l
a b à CPUs
October 11, 2010 7:41:21 PM

loneninja said:
I never hook those up in my builds. :lol: 

Well I know that some Antec cases don't come with them (mine doesn't) etc. so thought it may be worth mentioning!
m
l
October 11, 2010 11:32:38 PM

It usually beeps once before POST when it was up and running. the thing is when i removed the processor from the board and placed it on again, it did beep there's POST and windows 7 was on, but it didn't last 3 minutes it went black again. I had reboot and it beeped longer than usual, no POST, no display again. I reboot for the last time and i'm back with no beep, no POST, no display- just black screen again, which is now a lot confusing.
m
l
October 18, 2010 5:11:47 AM

thanks people! It was the motherboard! I bought a new one and my old computer is now good as new!
m
l
October 18, 2010 5:12:21 AM

Best answer selected by aileen_11.
m
l
!