ktmr1727

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2010
Hello,loking to replace business computer desktop w/ laptop. I run multiple programs at a time, travel 6 - 10 times per year, balance would be docked in station. Need sufficient ram & minimum 350 GB, 7 professional & office 2010, at least 5 ports. should I stay with another desktop or move to laptop for flexibility.(office on the go)

damasvara

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010
Looks like you're referring to one of those highly expensive "premium laptops". It usually features HD display, big screen, high end mobile GPU, etc. And on top of that, it's priced at an overwhelming >$2000. Bite that, MacBook! :lol:

The downside is, besides expensive, is the size and weight. Yes it's slim, but a 17" laptop can't possibly be lighter and more compact than a 10" netbook, can it? Unless it's built using flexible rollable materials and lightweight space metal, you'll have to deal with it.

What kind of applications do you usually run? If it's some light office apps with browsing and light gaming, A 14" i5 with 4GB of RAM would be more than enough. That would be the sweet spot. Unless you have the budget and heavier preferences, this could be your best option. :)

ktmr1727

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2010
Was trying to stay between 1000 - 1400. Last desktop 3 yrs ago was 1200.
run standard office, peachtree accounting and a large database program for advertising products..Largest files are in outlook folders for clients artwork & correspondence..numerous folders with minimum of multiple 20 - 50 meg files. used go to my pc with a netbook for last year and net book was just way to slow. Go to my pc did not always work well.... and the times I do travel(business or pleasure) it is critical to have access to my business.

TRENDING THREADS