Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Gts 250 overclock tools

Tags:
  • Palit
  • Overclocking
  • Graphics Cards
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
June 29, 2010 10:43:45 AM

can anyone tell me which program is best for overclocking , i have the vtune which came with my graphics card driver disk , ntune or riva tuner , i'm having serious issues with this card and its now seems it has got the better of me , many thanx


ASUS P5QL SE ( latest bios )
INTEL DUAL CORE E5400 2m cache 800 fsb @ 2.7 ghz ( stock cooled )
TEAM XTREEM DARK 1066 1 ghz x 2 ( 2.13v )
PALIT GTS 250 E-GREEN ( driver 257.21 )
PSU 700w
WINDOWS VISTA HOME BASIC 64bit

More about : gts 250 overclock tools

a b K Overclocking
a b U Graphics card
June 29, 2010 12:27:48 PM

One of the easiest utilities to use is MSI Afterburner. It will work on any modern GPU from any company.
a b K Overclocking
a b U Graphics card
June 29, 2010 12:50:58 PM

Afterburner is easy to use, but RivaTuner is more flexible. I use RivaTuner to underclock my card (yes, I'm a fanatic when it comes to power saving and low temps) and it works very well.
Related resources
June 29, 2010 2:41:51 PM

jedimasterben said:
One of the easiest utilities to use is MSI Afterburner. It will work on any modern GPU from any company.


thanx , i will try MSI Afterburner , tried ntune earlier on today and it closed my system then gave me bsod
a b K Overclocking
a b U Graphics card
June 29, 2010 5:23:57 PM

Yeah, the actual nTune is an old program, doesn't work well. Even the newer version (nVidia System Tools) doesn't work very well, from my experiences. It couldn't even figure out what speed my CPU was on an nForce board.
June 29, 2010 7:19:28 PM

jedimasterben said:
Yeah, the actual nTune is an old program, doesn't work well. Even the newer version (nVidia System Tools) doesn't work very well, from my experiences. It couldn't even figure out what speed my CPU was on an nForce board.


hi , have installed afterburner and gettting some very high and stable results many thanx
a b K Overclocking
a b U Graphics card
June 29, 2010 8:19:57 PM

Sweet! Good to hear! What kind of clocks are you getting? Did you have to up the voltage any to get them?
June 29, 2010 11:24:25 PM

jedimasterben said:
Sweet! Good to hear! What kind of clocks are you getting? Did you have to up the voltage any to get them?


as stock :-
core 675
shader 1458
mem 900

with msi :-
core 785
shader 1695 ( linked )
mem 1009
cant adjust voltage locked even in settings, 10 min stability test 295 fps and temps of 70c , tweeked benchmark scores highest 18945 ( stags67 )
a b K Overclocking
a b U Graphics card
June 30, 2010 12:06:22 PM

stags67 said:
as stock :-
core 675
shader 1458
mem 900

with msi :-
core 785
shader 1695 ( linked )
mem 1009
cant adjust voltage locked even in settings, 10 min stability test 295 fps and temps of 70c , tweeked benchmark scores highest 18945 ( stags67 )

That's really awesome! Glad to hear it's all working out for you!
!