UT 2K4 Hangs With New Maps.

When playing maps I've never played in UT 2K4 before, at times it hangs. The
more I play the map, the less it hangs. It kinda looks like it's hanging
while it gets something off the hard drive then, after it gets it, the game
doesn't
hang anymore because it got what it needs. Like maybe textures. When I move
into
new area's of the map, the hanging starts again.

Any help would be appreciated.
6 answers Last reply
More about hangs maps

    Mitch wrote:

    > When playing maps I've never played in UT 2K4 before, at times it hangs. The
    > more I play the map, the less it hangs. It kinda looks like it's hanging
    > while it gets something off the hard drive then, after it gets it, the game
    > doesn't
    > hang anymore because it got what it needs. Like maybe textures. When I move
    > into
    > new area's of the map, the hanging starts again.

    It's simply a question of PC speed. More memory, faster CPU, faster hard
    drive, better graphics card will all improve the speed programs load and
    execute. If you're getting excessive drive swapping, then ram is
    probably the major issue.

    Got any system specs?

    --
    Flash

    "Flash" <spam-not@nospam.digdilem.org> wrote in message
    > Mitch wrote:
    >
    >> When playing maps I've never played in UT 2K4 before, at times it hangs.
    >> The
    >> more I play the map, the less it hangs. It kinda looks like it's hanging
    >> while it gets something off the hard drive then, after it gets it, the
    >> game doesn't
    >> hang anymore because it got what it needs. Like maybe textures. When I
    >> move into
    >> new area's of the map, the hanging starts again.
    >
    > It's simply a question of PC speed. More memory, faster CPU, faster hard
    > drive, better graphics card will all improve the speed programs load and
    > execute. If you're getting excessive drive swapping, then ram is probably
    > the major issue.
    >
    > Got any system specs?
    >
    > --
    > Flash

    Thanks for responding. Here's my system

    Windows XP Home SP2
    2.66 GHz Pentium 4
    512 Meg Ram
    ATI RADEON 9800 Pro video card
    Sound off mother board

    Mitch wrote:

    > When playing maps I've never played in UT 2K4 before, at times it hangs. The
    > more I play the map, the less it hangs. It kinda looks like it's hanging
    > while it gets something off the hard drive then, after it gets it, the game
    > doesn't
    > hang anymore because it got what it needs. Like maybe textures. When I move
    > into
    > new area's of the map, the hanging starts again.

    It's simply a question of PC speed. More memory, faster CPU, faster hard
    drive, better graphics card will all improve the speed programs load and
    execute. If you're getting excessive drive swapping, then ram is
    probably the major issue.

    Got any system specs?

    --
    Simon Avery

    Am Fri, 17 Sep 2004 11:28:44 -0400 schrieb Mitch:

    > "Flash" <spam-not@nospam.digdilem.org> wrote in message
    >> Mitch wrote:
    >>
    >>> When playing maps I've never played in UT 2K4 before, at times it hangs.
    >>> The
    >>> more I play the map, the less it hangs. It kinda looks like it's hanging
    >>> while it gets something off the hard drive then, after it gets it, the
    >>> game doesn't
    >>> hang anymore because it got what it needs. Like maybe textures. When I
    >>> move into
    >>> new area's of the map, the hanging starts again.
    >>
    >> It's simply a question of PC speed. More memory, faster CPU, faster hard
    >> drive, better graphics card will all improve the speed programs load and
    >> execute. If you're getting excessive drive swapping, then ram is probably
    >> the major issue.
    >>
    >> Got any system specs?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Flash
    >
    > Thanks for responding. Here's my system
    >
    > Windows XP Home SP2
    > 2.66 GHz Pentium 4
    > 512 Meg Ram
    > ATI RADEON 9800 Pro video card
    > Sound off mother board

    Hi,
    that should be enough, as it fits the suspect the fault must be somewhere
    else. Did u read the faq of this NG? - should help

    hth
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    "Klaus Bregel" <space-orbit@gmx.de> wrote in message
    > Am Fri, 17 Sep 2004 11:28:44 -0400 schrieb Mitch:
    >
    >> "Flash" <spam-not@nospam.digdilem.org> wrote in message

    >>> It's simply a question of PC speed. More memory, faster CPU, faster hard
    >>> drive, better graphics card will all improve the speed programs load and
    >>> execute. If you're getting excessive drive swapping, then ram is
    >>> probably
    >>> the major issue.
    >>>
    >>> Got any system specs?
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Flash
    >>
    >> Thanks for responding. Here's my system
    >>
    >> Windows XP Home SP2
    >> 2.66 GHz Pentium 4
    >> 512 Meg Ram
    >> ATI RADEON 9800 Pro video card
    >> Sound off mother board
    >
    > Hi,
    > that should be enough, as it fits the suspect the fault must be somewhere
    > else. Did u read the faq of this NG? - should help
    >
    > hth

    Thanks. I did look at the faq but I'll look again and see
    if I can find anything.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    Klaus Bregel wrote:

    >>Windows XP Home SP2
    >>2.66 GHz Pentium 4
    >>512 Meg Ram
    >>ATI RADEON 9800 Pro video card
    >>Sound off mother board
    >
    > that should be enough, as it fits the suspect the fault must be somewhere
    > else. Did u read the faq of this NG? - should help

    It should run fine with that - the main other culprit would be
    background tasks. Time to wave Adaware, Spybot and a decent anti-virus
    at it? :)

    --
    Flash

Games Hard Drives Video Games