P8p67 LE

I was wondering why "Windows Boot Manager" would still be an option in my UEFI Bios's boot options for the ASUS P8P67 LE.

When I did my initial windows 7 64 bit install it went away after the install, but I reformatted a few weeks ago and it has always been in there with a "UEFI" banner across the top left corner. It's as if the bios thinks the windows boot manager is a drive.

Was there an issue with my windows 7 install since the Win Boot Manager shows up in bios still after the install?

Also,

I tried installing Windows 7 SP 1 and got a 80070005 error meaning I am not authorized to install, but I am an administrator. I installed other windows updates before the sp1. I waited last to do this.

Is there something wrong with my install?

I think maybe I should do one more clean install? I don't know.
6 answers Last reply
More about p8p67
  1. Log in as "Admin" with administrator rights. Or use whatever account that has admin rights.
  2. what do you do once logged in as admin? I always log in as the only account on the machine with admin privileges. That account is the only account on the machine (mine)
  3. what about seeing the Windows Boot manager in the BIOS?
  4. Start with a complete anti-virus scan in Safe Mode.
  5. Ubrales said:
    Start with a complete anti-virus scan in Safe Mode.

After installing windows and going back into my BIOS to change the boot order from 1)DVDRW 2)HDD to 1)HDD 2)DVDRW
    That's when I saw the "Windows Boot manager"

Currently I have:

1)Windows Boot Manager 2)HDD 3)DVDRW
  6. any ideas about this?
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Windows 7 Boot BIOS