ASUS BLUETOOTH ADAPTER NEED HELP!!

sounder1990

Honorable
Jan 5, 2013
Not sure if this is the right spot for this... But I went and bought the ASUS usb bluetooth dongle thing. It appears that I can not install the drivers on my PC. I have Windows 8 64-bit. I'm pretty sure that is the problem. I have tried quite a few things now. This is kinda a last resort. All I ever see is how people have problems with getting it to work for the MotioninJoy program. Never do I see ways to get it to work on Windows 8. Always 7 or older. And I can't find JUST the drivers for the bt. Always has some program that it has to run first.

Solution

Had the same issue when I purchased the ASUS usb Bluetooth dongle with the ASUS laptop thinking it would work. I did not know at that time it only supported Windows 7 and below. I could...

user1983

Honorable
Jan 7, 2013

Had the same issue when I purchased the ASUS usb Bluetooth dongle with the ASUS laptop thinking it would work. I did not know at that time it only supported Windows 7 and below. I could not find a driver anywhere to support this Bluetooth on my new laptop. Instead of forcing this to work and being frustrated, I found a better solution: a Kinivo BTD-400 Bluetooth 4.0 USB adapter for Windows 8 (& Windows 7 & Vista) on Amazon and am returning the ASUS one back to BestBuy.

Solution

sounder1990

Honorable
Jan 5, 2013
Does the Kinivo BTD-400 BT 4.0 work for the MotioninJoy program? I got the ASUS one in the first place to eliminate using my usb cord for my ps3 controller. But that isn't happening. When I started searching for a solution I came across sooo many people that had problems with it. Guess that's the last time I buy something without doing a lil research first.

Mwumbo

Honorable
Jan 9, 2013
Did you have to do anything special to get MiJ to recognize the Kinivo? or did you just install the driver and go from there? I'm asking because MiJ won't recognize my Kinivo dongle.

sounder1990

Honorable
Jan 5, 2013
I don't have the Kinovo dongle yet. I was just asking because I don't wanna run into another problem like I did with the ASUS one. According to the list for MotioninJoy compatible BT adapters, the kinovo may or may not be compatible. The list just has ones that are known to be either compatible or not. But what have you done so far to try to get it to work?

Mwumbo

Honorable
Jan 9, 2013

well, my BT dongle works fine with other BT devices. In device manager, the MiJ BT driver does not show up. So I tried different versions of MiJ, reinstalling BT drivers as well as the controller drivers, and some other methods I found on the forums. None of it worked. Of course, I don't need to have BT connectivity, it'd just be nice. As for the compatibility list, I think the BT dongles just need to be 2.1+EDR, but the Kinivo dongle is backwards compatible with previous BT versions. Maybe I'll just buy one of the recommended ones and take the loss on the Kinivo.

sounder1990

Honorable
Jan 5, 2013
I will probably be taking a loss as well. But, I will be trying one more thing before I finally give in and buy a good one that works and has no hassle. Lol. I'm hoping that I can install the drivers on a Win7 x64 Pc, then copy them from there. Prolly not gonna work.... But worth a try.

As far as your Kinovo... Does it show up in the MiJ Driver Manager "tab"? And btw, You mentioned that you use other devices on the BT dongle. Just in case you weren't aware yet, once you install the MiJ BT drivers, your other bluetooth devices prolly won't connect anymore. Just something that I've seen come up across some other forums.

Mwumbo

Honorable
Jan 9, 2013

Hmm keep me posted in that driver thing. It does not show the Kinivo in the driver tab. And yes I bought the dongle just for MiJ.

madfreakinc

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009

same here I got the kinivo Bluetooth 4.0 adapter and impossible to get it to work with ps3 controller I just want to smash the adapter