How Do I Stop ngstats and ngworldststs?? UT99

I am running a UT99 sniper server via a hosting company. The ngstats
stuff keeps creating processes that hang the server. Got up today and
it was running/hanging 8 processes. This is also causing problems with
the game showing up on game spy etc. My host is not happy about this
either.

To be honest, I don't even really want to maintain stats. I just want
to stop it from trying to do it. I saw a stats section in the server's
..ini and I removed it, but obviously that is being created by something
else so it just re-appeared.

I looked at the ngstats and ngworldstats doc's that were installed with
the server, but all they talk about is how to maintain, not stop.

Anyone know where the "off" switch is?

Thanks in advance!

Tommy

Find these settings in the unrealtournament.ini file (or whatever file
is used for the server settings), and make sure they match:

[Engine.GameInfo]
bLocalLog=False
bWorldLog=False
bBatchLocal=False

Local logging is not much of a load, but local batch processing will
put a hefty load on the CPU for a brief spell at the end of a map.

BTW, if it's hanging up their server then the server has problems.
Normally, when the batch processing takes place, the other processes
are simply starved for the CPU time for a brief interval, causing the
other servers/programs to lag a bit. However, if there are file
permission problems (e.g., the local batch processing cannot create or
write to the ngstarts dir where it desires to place the results) then
this may cause the hung processes, just a guess on my part tho. Is
this a linux or windows server?

--
Best regards,
Kyle

In article <2r213uF15isd5U1@uni-berlin.de>, Kylesb <me@privacy.net>
wrote:

> Find these settings in the unrealtournament.ini file (or whatever file
> is used for the server settings), and make sure they match:
>
> [Engine.GameInfo]
> bLocalLog=False
> bWorldLog=False
> bBatchLocal=False

Thats exactly what I needed, thank you very much!!

> Local logging is not much of a load, but local batch processing will
> put a hefty load on the CPU for a brief spell at the end of a map.
>
> BTW, if it's hanging up their server then the server has problems.
> Normally, when the batch processing takes place, the other processes
> are simply starved for the CPU time for a brief interval, causing the
> other servers/programs to lag a bit. However, if there are file
> permission problems (e.g., the local batch processing cannot create or
> write to the ngstarts dir where it desires to place the results) then
> this may cause the hung processes, just a guess on my part tho. Is
> this a linux or windows server?

It was the ngworldstats that was hanging the server (Redhat linux
enterprise edition). What was happening was that it would try to
connect and in doing so create a process. Not working, the process
would hang. Then next map it would do it again. Fairly quickly I would
have a lot of processes hanging and killing the machine.

As for the local stats, that was working, but I figured i'd turn it off
since I am not interested in them anyway, just save the disk space and
all that.

Anyway, thanks for the info, it helped a lot!

Tommy

P.S. The server is at 67.15.18.234:7777