ASUS Maximus IV Extreme - (EA Error) S3 Resume Boot Script Error

mitchp911

Distinguished
May 20, 2011
Hey guys,

I just came back from doing some stuff around the house and right as I sit at my PC, it fades to black just like it's going into sleep mode. The monitor turns into power-saver mode, so I wiggle the mouse and nothing happens. I look at the motherboard and realize that the 2 error LED's are lit up: EA. In the manual it says S3 Resume Boot Script Error. I tried turning it off/on, pressing the reset button, turning the PSU off/on, but it still won't boot. The BIOS screen doesn't even come up. What can I do to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

johnlancia

Distinguished
May 14, 2011
I've also got this problem. I have cleared the CMOS, reseated the ram individually and in different sockets, unplugged it and left it to sit and done various hard and soft restarts. Nothing is working. I'm pretty sure that all I need to do is get into my BIOS in order to adjust my PLL overvoltage, but I can't get the BIOS screen to come up. Everything was working great on this new build yesterday and then I put it to sleep and now I can't get anything from it. Everything I've read so far says that its a bug that Intel and ASUS have with sleep mode and the overvoltage and that it can be fixed by disabling it in the BIOS, but I can't get the BIOS to show up at all.

Any help would be welcome.

i7 2600k
MIVE
ASUS GTX 580
G.Skill Ripjaws F3-17000CL9D-8GBXLD
Corsair HX 850 W Professional
OCZ Vertex 3 SSD
Pioneer RW DVD
Antec 1200 V3 UGC

TRENDING THREADS