Question about Sony Vaio PCG - K295HP

Hi, I have a question and I don't know where to find the answer so I thought
I'd try here.
I have a Sony Vaio notebook PCG-K series and I have some VHS videos of the
family from years ago and I would like to put them onto a DVD. I thought
that I could use the laptop to do this but I can't find out how, has anyone
transfered a video onto a DVD using this notebook laptop? If so could you
please tell me how you did it..thanks, Linda
1 answer Last reply
More about question sony vaio k295hp

    Linda wrote:
    > Hi, I have a question and I don't know where to find the answer so I
    > thought I'd try here.
    > I have a Sony Vaio notebook PCG-K series and I have some VHS videos
    > of the family from years ago and I would like to put them onto a DVD.
    > I thought that I could use the laptop to do this but I can't find out
    > how, has anyone transfered a video onto a DVD using this notebook
    > laptop? If so could you please tell me how you did it..thanks, Linda

    Unless there is a video capture interface (TV in, sound in) you will
    have to purchase the interface to do this. Most laptops no longer have
    video capture capability. Tom's Hardware has a guide
    http://graphics.tomshardware.com/video/20040614/index.html#guides that
    might help. Google "video capture dvd", etc. for other guides. Like
    most things computer, all it takes is a guide, $$, and time.

Laptops Notebooks Video Sony Vaio