Will a 350 W PSU be enough ?

intel i5-760 (CPU)
ECS P55H-A2 s.1156(Motherboard)
Powercolor 4670 1gb (GPU)
2GB DDR3 1333 Kingston x1 (RAM)
Hitachi HDT725032VLA360 (320 GB, 7200 RPM, SATA-II)
Dvd burner
Intel(R) PRO/100 Alert on LAN* Management Adapter
---
So, will the PSU be enough to run it ?(I`ll be getting another 3x 2gb Ram later)
12 answers Last reply
More about will
  1. you will be fine, the ATI 4670 is power efficient and runs on most 300w units.
  2. It all depends on what PSU (brand/make etc). If you could post this info that would help a lot.

    ATI recommend:

    400 Watt or greater power supply (550 Watt for ATI CrossFireX™ technology in dual mode) is recommended

    This applies to the whole system not just the graphics card.

    In power consumption tests the Radeon HD 4670 consumes approximately 140W at full load. The question is whether your PSU has enough watts/amps available on its +12V rail(s) to support this and the rest of your components that are fed from the +12V rail(s). If it's an older PSU then it may not have.
  3. The PSU is Fortron FSP350
  4. moody89 said:
    It

    In power consumption tests the Radeon HD 4670 consumes approximately 140W at full load. .


    incorrect information, it does not even use auxiliary power. it will never need that much power proved below

  5. Quote:
    The PSU is Fortron FSP350


    you will be fine, people run it on HP and DELL 300w units.

    power consumption has the card at under 50w
    http://www.silentpcreview.com/article873-page5.html
  6. So, will i have any problems with the Fortron now and after i get another 6gb of ram (i rly dont know if the ram changes the power required >.< ) or should i get a CoolMaster eXtreme 500W.. Its that i already ordered the Fortron and i dont wanna change the order if thet PSU can manage the PC.
  7. Ok thank you :)
  8. ct1615 said:
    incorrect information, it does not even use auxiliary power. it will never need that much power proved below


    Good shout, I was looking at a chart of total power consumption!
  9. ct1615 said:
    you will be fine, the ATI 4670 is power efficient and runs on most 300w units.


    Hi,

    I came across this thread and am having a similar problem. I have a 2005 Dell Xps 400. Two hard drives, quite a few USB connections, 4 gigs ram. I don't play graphic intensive games and just want a little more graphic power for videos and photos. It has the original Dell 375 watt power supply. Originally, my Windows performance was limited to a 2.1 due to graphics. Installed Windows 7 Ultimate and the Windows experience index will no longer run due to inability to measure video performance. I was running the original ATI x300/x550/x1050 series card. I just received the ATI 4670 and installed it. It doesn't run! It just cycles on and off continuously. I had to remove it and put the old card back. I spoke to a technician who advised me to up the psu to at least 400 watts as recommended by Sapphire. I found a highly recommended psu at Amazon with 2 fans rated at 430 watts and ordered it to try. Hop it fits! Do you think this will "do the trick?"

    Thank you very much for any help you may be able to give me.

    Allan
  10. allan1947 said:
    Hi,

    I came across this thread and am having a similar problem. I have a 2005 Dell Xps 400. Two hard drives, quite a few USB connections, 4 gigs ram. I don't play graphic intensive games and just want a little more graphic power for videos and photos. It has the original Dell 375 watt power supply. Originally, my Windows performance was limited to a 2.1 due to graphics. Installed Windows 7 Ultimate and the Windows experience index will no longer run due to inability to measure video performance. I was running the original ATI x300/x550/x1050 series card. I just received the ATI 4670 and installed it. It doesn't run! It just cycles on and off continuously. I had to remove it and put the old card back. I spoke to a technician who advised me to up the psu to at least 400 watts as recommended by Sapphire. I found a highly recommended psu at Amazon with 2 fans rated at 430 watts and ordered it to try. Hop it fits! Do you think this will "do the trick?"

    He's full of it, the card doesn't even require the use of the 6 pin power connector provided by the psu.
    A "highly recommended psu at Amazon with 2 fans rated at 430 watts" is likely no more powerful than the Dell 375.
    I tried my GTX460 (it uses 3 times as much power as a 4670 ) on my 4.5 year old XPS 410 ( 375 watt psu ) last week, worked fine.

    It's possible that the psu is defective, could also be the card, but the problem is not because of the wattage number on the psu.
  11. delluser1 said:
    He's full of it, the card doesn't even require the use of the 6 pin power connector provided by the psu.
    A "highly recommended psu at Amazon with 2 fans rated at 430 watts" is likely no more powerful than the Dell 375.
    I tried my GTX460 (it uses 3 times as much power as a 4670 ) on my 4.5 year old XPS 410 ( 375 watt psu ) last week, worked fine.

    It's possible that the psu is defective, could also be the card, but the problem is not because of the wattage number on the psu.



    +1
  12. ^5450 would be more power efficient, better with video, and potentially cheaper.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Components