Sign in with
Your question

How Do I Recover Crashed BIOS

Last response: in Motherboards
June 5, 2011 9:16:27 PM

Hello,
My EVGA P55 SLI Mobo has worked well for nearly a year. I attempted a routine BIOS update but it froze up before the command mode flashing was completed.
I tried resetting, clearing CMOS, removing battery, etc. but it still will not post. When attempting to post he debug LED shows initially "FF" then "d0" and that's where it freezes. The Mobo manual has no explanation for "dO" code. (could mean DOA??) All fans and lights work OK but I get no disk spinning.
Any suggestions for how to recover my crashed BIOS would be greatly appreciated.

More about : recover crashed bios

a b V Motherboard
June 6, 2011 7:36:29 AM

Check the motherboard manual for what to do in case of a bad flash (which is what it will be, if it stopped part way through).
June 6, 2011 4:29:49 PM

Thanks for your reply.

I can tell that you are not familiar with the manuals EVGA supplies with their motherboards. There is very little in them and nothing about flashing the BIOS.

EVGA email support has been pretty good, however, even responding several times over the weekend. At this point, it looks like I will RMA the motherboard.

Thanks,
Conejos
a b V Motherboard
June 7, 2011 12:33:18 AM

No, I'm not familiar with EVGA motherboards, or their manuals. Too expensive for me.

Good that the support was good, though.
!