Sign in with
Your question

BSOD with lates 257.21 for my Sli 7600 GTs

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 30, 2010 2:41:27 AM

Hey guys,

I know my gfx cards are old but I freshly installed XP again onto my system. I tried installing the latest Nvidia drivers but constantly get BSODs when restarting; even in Safe mode too and last know good config.

Its my 4th time reinstalling XP today due to me not overcoming the BSODs.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
June 30, 2010 2:58:13 AM

you should see if the problem persists if you go back to an older driver, if it does it might have just been, it may just be your cards are coming to the end of their rope, another possibility is, if you have over clocked or even factory over clocked cards, to me it seems that stability varies some between drivers,
Related resources
June 30, 2010 3:02:36 AM

Hey jonnyboyC,

At the moment I'm using the 6.14.10.9371 driver; dated 22/Oct/2006 and they seem to be fine. I have used others in the past but they tend to cause lag when moving windows around the screen.

The cards seem fine themselves, don't seem to overheat and don't show any huge signs of deteriorating. The drivers are really necessary I suppose but it's just bugging me now that I can't fix it lol.

Thanks ;) .
a b Î Nvidia
June 30, 2010 3:05:44 AM

Just noticed on that link for the beta, your gpu's are under the supported list, but XP is not listed on the O/S line.
You may have to go back to older drivers.
June 30, 2010 3:07:45 AM

notty22 said:
Just noticed on that link for the beta, your gpu's are under the supported list, but XP is not listed on the O/S line.
You may have to go back to older drivers.

Ah I see, that could be the case with the previous drivers I have been using.

Thanks for pointing that out to me.
June 30, 2010 3:11:29 AM

Something else guys.

I downloaded the 257.21 drivers when they were released and on my PC they're nearly 117 MB but here it's 82.7 MB... weird???
June 30, 2010 3:20:01 AM

personally don't know why they balloon and strink so much some times, some times it'll be 120mbs like the new betas notty22 pointed out, (currently downloading lol) and the ones from a few weeks ago are alot smaller, are they maybe including the 3d vision drivers with the normal driver package??
!