New system final check

Hey I was wondering if anyone can find a flaw in this build? Also is the sunbeam cooler thing necessary? I will probably buy this in the next week should i wait?

anyways here it is http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/2725/compvq.jpg

the total is $823
47 answers Last reply
More about system final check
  1. oo and can anyone recommend a wireless card?
  2. IMO go with the Hyper 212 and a wireless USB.
  3. ok i took off the sunbeam and am gonna get the hyper 212 from bottom line telecom for $25. total is now $807 without rebates
  4. anyone else?
  5. ok so the combo with the gigabyte 890fx is gone but i can do the same one with the asus 890fx. Is everything good? i really need to know because i'm buying it within 24hours!!!
  6. the only thing i'm worried about is which 5770 i should get...
  7. There isn't really any difference in the 5770s except for price and warranty length. Sapphire, the manufacturer of the card you've selected is generally thought of as being a quality manufacturer, however.

Theoretically, you could get slightly faster RAM for a few dollars more, but that combo with the case is very good, and it's not worth worrying about getting faster RAM.

Virtually any wireless USB card should be the same as another, as long as it supports your network (b/g, b/g/n, whatever). If you have concerns, you could try buying one from the same manufacturer as your router, but it shouldn't make a big difference.
  8. what ram would be better? because i might get a case from my brother in law.. and would it be worth getting this card http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102858 instead of the cheaper one??
  9. No, that card isn't $30 better.

The RAM in your original build is CAS Latency 9...the lower the CL number, the better.

Here are some RAM options (all 1600 MHz CL7): Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 1600 MHz CL7 - $98 (- $20 MIR) or G.Skill Ripjaws/ECO series 1600 MHz CL7 (each $105).
  10. dude this is soooooooo wrong x4 posts in a row!
  11. Mr Pizza said:
    dude this is soooooooo wrong x4 posts in a row!

Do explain, please.
  12. coldsleep said:
    Do explain, please.

he should make it into one post eh?
  13. Mr Pizza said:
    he should make it into one post eh?

oo i thought you meant the build... scared me for a sec lol

anyways i probably should have but i kept thinking of something else after each reply
  14. last question... maybe
    does this deal work with a home made pc? or do i need a previous windows to upgrade from? it also asks if i want to add the 64 bit disk kit, is this necessary? i thought it was already 64bit
  15. cpark90 said:
    last question... maybe
    does this deal work with a home made pc? or do i need a previous windows to upgrade from? it also asks if i want to add the 64 bit disk kit, is this necessary? i thought it was already 64bit

always get 64bit, get this

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116754
  16. oh, no don't get an upgrade just get the one for system builders, i would buy off of newegg.
  17. it wouldnt be cheaper to get windows xp and use the upgrade? its considerably cheaper than the 100 on newegg...
  18. i think i'm starting to understand now.. i need the system builder one so the student one wouldnt even work
  19. ok i'm about to order! everything is compatible right?
  20. or will i need to buy fans for the coolermaster?
  21. The coolmaster can take 7 120mm fans, wow!
    It comes with 3. Three should be just fine until you start cluttering up the case with more than two hard drives or one video card.
    If I were you I would get one quality tri-speed fan for the front panel to cut down on noise. And if it runs too hot still use all 4.
  22. so i'm guessing that means go for the coolermaster rather than the antec?
  23. ok new news! i can get this case http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811133154&cm_re=VA8000BWS%u201d-_-11-133-154-_-Product
    new for $40 from my brother in law, should i do it? :]
  24. my only worry is that it says "sli ready" does this mean i cant crossfire?
  25. Wait, what says SLI ready? The case has nothing to do with SLI or Crossfire, with the exception of having enough PCI slots in the back.

The only possible component that can be SLI but not CrossFire capable is the motherboard (though the 890GX you have in your original build is capable, no worries there). A PSU that is SLI-capable is also CrossFire-capable.
  26. i was reading the reviews for the thermaltake and they say it has plastic clips for sli cards? and also that large psu's have trouble fitting without moving some stuff around... Is it worth paying $40 for or are people just being picky because most of them spent over 150 for it?
  27. Ok, it has toolless PCI slots, but if that doesn't work for your graphics cards, you can just remove them and screw them in like normal. Nothing to worry about there.

It sounds like only the really large PSUs have any issues. You're not buying an enormous PSU, so I wouldn't worry about it.
  28. ok so go for the thermaltake rather than the coolermaster or antec right? sorry for being so persistent but i"m nervous because this is my first build
  29. If you're getting it for $40, there's no reason not to get it. It's going to cost you less, and it appears to be a better case. I haven't had first-hand experience with it, but it appears to be quite good.
  30. thank you sooooo much, gosh i feel stupid for asking so many questions but i'm buying it tonight. should i buy thermal compound or just hold off on it?
  31. The HSF you buy should come with some, I'd just go with that. You don't really need additional unless you run out, or if you're aiming for a super high overclock.
  32. ok cool! I just ordered all the stuff but the funny/stupid thing is that my computer was acting funky when i ordered the parts and it double ordered.. so right now i'm trying to cancel one... hopefully that goes well..
  33. oh and i'm planning on buying a coolermaster 212 plus HSF but it seems everywhere has jacked up their prices :(
  34. yeah ^ the 212 newegg and other places prices have gone up, try amazon ;) or frys
  35. cpark90 said:
    oh and i'm planning on buying a coolermaster 212 plus HSF but it seems everywhere has jacked up their prices :(

It's $30 at amazon.
  36. dang it's out of stock
  37. will it be ok if i wait or is it hard to install and HSF after everything else has been installed?
  38. LOL Double order hope that it doesn't screw u in the @$$. lol someone offered me a good price for my decent computer so I had to dig up this ANCIENT virused piece of $H!T to search on Newegg!
  39. In order to install a HSF, you're almost certain to have to remove the motherboard, unless your case allows you to get at the back of the board with the side panel off. It's still usually easier to remove the motherboard.

It's easiest to install an aftermarket HSF during the initial build, but I wouldn't say it's truly difficult to do it after the fact. Harder than adding RAM, not so complex that no one ever does it.
  40. hmm maybe it will be worth it to pay a little extra
  41. If you're going to pay $50, you might as well step up to a better HSF than the Hyper 212+. Take a look at Frostytech's top "5" heatsinks and see if any of them match your budget.

The Prolimatech Megahalems is just over $60, and is very well-regarded. Same for the Thermaltake Frio and the Tuniq Tower 120 Extreme.
  42. ayaya what do i do!? lol i guess i'll just move my mobo and hope i dont screw everything up when i get it..
Ask a new question

Read More

Build Cooling Sunbeam Systems Product