helloshayan

Distinguished
May 11, 2010
hello

i bought a hd 5970 and it arrived today:))

and i just realised i dont come with dvi to vga adaptor..:( so cant use my new card today.

i was thinking of buying a dvi to vga adapter and got confused with dual link and single link....

i read on google hd 5970 offers dual link dvi and i was wondering will a single link dvi to vga adaptor work aswell??

my screen is "22in hanns.g lcd" only got vga output.

-------

if i buy a single link dvi will i see any perfomance loss on screen and will it work in first place?

i am thinking of buying this :

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/130561

if you have any other sugestions plz post with a link

thanks in advance

Yes, you only need 1 dvi output to get connect with your monitor, the other dvi output is for another monitor (if you want to use 2 monitors)...
DVI is digital and VGA is analog, yes it will loss some performance, but not much, don't worry about that... :)

Hmm, i've never seen that before, all of my cards are dvi dual link...
Okay, i guess if you choose the right adapter (make sure your monitor input has the same type of dvi of the adapter) then you'll be okay...

Let's hear what the others would say.
Anyone?

helloshayan

Distinguished
May 11, 2010
i got vga moniter not dvi. Else i would just use dvi cable which came with my moniter..

I was looking forward to buying the right Dvi to vga adaptor and not sure which 1 will work

a single link dvi to vga adapter will work fine as the vga connection doesn't need the digital links (thats what dual link is for), it only needs the vga pins (C0->C3, near the flat bar) and some pins that are part of the single link set (for grounding and signal rate)

TRENDING THREADS