Kodak DC-210 trouble

Last response: in Digital Camera
December 26, 2004 11:03:21 PM

I've had this camera for several years and it has always been a fair
performer. Today, however, was a different story. When I turn it on, the
lens moves out and then back in, and the entire camera is frozen. I've
tried unplgging it and even removing the card, but I keep getting the same
result. Any idea what's going on and what is the fix?

Thank you,
Al

More about : kodak 210 trouble

Anonymous
December 27, 2004 12:31:33 AM

Al Alkoloid wrote:
> I've had this camera for several years and it has always been a fair
> performer. Today, however, was a different story. When I turn it
> on, the lens moves out and then back in, and the entire camera is
> frozen. I've tried unplgging it and even removing the card, but I
> keep getting the same result. Any idea what's going on and what is
> the fix?
>
> Thank you,
> Al

Hm...maybe lens for some reason doesn't go out completely and as a result
goes back in and whole camera freezes...?
Or lens could have some sort of a switch for CPU to know when it's fully
extracted and this switch has gone away for holidays...or for good....(hope
not)
Anonymous
January 3, 2005 5:32:45 PM

Greetings Al,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Hope you have resolved it, but if not
please note that this condition is usually caused by a missing or corrupted
picture card.

Step 1:Verify correct installation of the picture card. (If the picture card
is missing or improperly installed, a "NO CARD" message will appear on the
Status Display on top of the camera. Make sure you have a card in the
camera. Does the compartment close normally? If not or is a little tight,
check to see if there are any bent pins.

Check the batteries as well. The camera goes through a detailed camera
check prior to being ready for use. If you have less than fully charged
batteries, this condition may occur.

Try using the camera with the adapter that came with the camera to see if a
constant power supply will work for you. Be sure the adapter light is on
and functioning.

Reformat the picture card, using either a card reader or a PCMCIA card
adapter with your computer. See the procedures under "Formatting the Camera
Memory Card." Note: If the picture card is corrupted, you will not be able
to reformat it in the camera.

Try a different card and see if this makes a difference.

Let me know how you make out, Al, and I will try to help you further.

Hope you had a great holiday.

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company

news:D OEzd.3014$qf5.467@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net...