Closed

Laptop repair Toronto area, anyone know a good shop?

Hello,

I need to find a reputable repair shop for my Acer laptops, (one that
provides a warranty). I currently have two nearly identical Acer
notebooks, both are functioning somewhat. They need minor repairs.

Unfortunately, one of my notebooks PCMIA module failed, what I want to
do is either replace the PCMIA module or transfer the PCMIA module
from the other notebook.

Anyone know a reputable shop that can do this for me.

Thanks in advance.

Homer J.
9 answers Last reply
More about laptop repair toronto area good shop

    Why not contact Acer and find an authorized repair shop located near you in
    TO?

    "Dan" <mikedan*nospam*@videotron.ca> wrote in

    > Why not contact Acer and find an authorized repair shop located near
    > you in TO?

    especially since they have a 24hr turnaround guarantee for your laptop
    under warranty, AFAIK.

    Homer J. wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I need to find a reputable repair shop for my Acer laptops, (one that
    > provides a warranty). I currently have two nearly identical Acer
    > notebooks, both are functioning somewhat. They need minor repairs.
    >
    > Unfortunately, one of my notebooks PCMIA module failed, what I want to
    > do is either replace the PCMIA module or transfer the PCMIA module
    > from the other notebook.
    >
    > Anyone know a reputable shop that can do this for me.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Homer J.

    Last time I was in Canada, Circuit City had a walk in repair service.
    The one I went to had very competent service guys and reasonable prices.

    Good luck, jimbo
  4. Hey

    I've actually found big stores like Best Buy and Future Shop to be quite slow and expensive when it comes to hardware repairs. They are used to people just thinking they have a virus.
    For hardware repairs you should try a smaller business in the area. At my job in Toronto, we use GearForTech. They're really fast and inexpensive for hardware repairs like cracked LCDs or dropped laptops (which happen a lot in my line of work). They're in Oakville and Etobicoke.
    Try www.GearForTech.com or...I'll find the number...(416) 840-7674

    cheers
    Drew
  5. Dream about long life <a href="http://mybestbattery.com">laptop batteries</a>? Just look through these simple recommendations for your laptop battery and lengthen your laptop battery life!
  6. I know about computer star. A very good onsite service. there website is http://www.computerstar.ca/
  7. I think the best computer repair company is A2Z PC http://www.a2zpc.ca they give you 6 months warranty.
  8. Actually, anybody who claims that they do Acer repairs under warrenty is lying to you. Acer doesn't have authorized repair centres. All places like futureshop, bestbuy or anybody else is doing is turning around and sending back to Acer. Acer does have a depot in the GTA (I think its in Markham) but it is owned and operated by Acer. The only way to have a warranty repair done on an acer notebook is to contact Acer and they'll arrange the details to ship it to this depot.

    Hope that helps.

Laptops Notebooks Product