Auzentech Forte drivers

Mark Heath

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2010
Already gone through and researched the cards and so forth, but if there's something you think I'd want to know feel free to say it.

I'm looking at putting the Forte in a pc with XP SP1, but according to the Auztentech site, the drivers require SP2 to run. This is not a standard edition of XP, I think it's some sort of overseas version and it only goes up to support for SP1, not SP2, so I can't update it. Would I still be able to use the card using SP1?

Ed: btw, one of the main reasons I went for the Forte was because of the dedicated headphone amp, so if you suggest and alternative, it'd be preferred to have one that also has similar capabilities)

Solution
Most drivers will require SP2 these days. If the AMP is important, then you're options are limited to the Auzentech Forte, ASUS Xonar Essence ST/STX, and HT Omega Claro+/Halo

dEAne

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2009
Proprietary drivers are really a headache try to search in their web site were you can download a drivers (mostly this is bits of files) then you manually install them to XP. Manual installation do not offer 100% success sometimes with after effects that you won't like. It's good if the card is detected by XP or at least some generic drivers be used for that device.