Solved

What RAM to choose

I have a Lenovo H320 40411 BU Desktop PC - Intel Core i3-540 3.06 GHz, 4GB DDR3, 500 GB HDD, DVDRW, Windows 7Home Premium 64-bit, Black

I am looking to up to 8 GB of RAM in a reasonable price range. Any suggestions on what RAM to get?

Preferred buyer: TigerDirect
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about what choose
  1. Crucial or Corsair is good. Check the name of your ram you have now? Make sure you use matched pairs.
  2. Best answer
    Crucial is extremely reliable. I love Corsair and Patriot as well. Mushkin...... Nope. Kingston, yes, but not as fancy :D

If you're in for gaming, feel free to grab some lower latency Ram. 7-7-7-20 is pretty good.

First off I'm going to need the timings and voltage for your own current RAM, because you can only have a set of similar latencies and voltages.

I'm currently running a set of these: http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=5546849&CatId=4524

and I plan to get another set to up to 8gb. They work perfectly, love them.
  3. Best answer selected by techo.
  4. I like Corsair. I assume you have 2x2GB and you can get 2x4GB to add to it. With an older AMD Athlon x2 system, it came with 2x512MB and I added 2x1GB, getting me 3GB dual-channel. It should work the same for you. btw G.Skill is also good, I've used them a little, though I have more experience with Corsair.
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory RAM Product