10.6 No longer downloadable from AMD. Back to 10.5?

INeedSomeAdvice

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2010
I went to AMD's website today to check for driver updates, and seems that 10.6 is no longer available. 10.5 was. Was this a certified driver roll back? And so should I re-install 10.5?

Solution

No you were right it was definitely 10.5 a couple of hours ago.

@ OvrClkr. Me too. 10.4 seem to be the most stable for me (single 5770) lowest temps and highest avg FPS.

INeedSomeAdvice

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2010
I still have a copy of 10.6, ny question is should we go back to 10.5 if AMD themselves is no longer offering 10.6? And yes I recently crossfired and am having some issues. I crossfired after 10.6 was out so im unsure as to how 10.5 will run with crossfire.

INeedSomeAdvice

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2010
AMD isnt offering 10.6 in the driver search, or under previous drivers release. Kinda scares me a little. But after navigating their site for a few, I found a link to 10.6 in the blog section, heres the link. But my fear is if the makers removed the download, it must be for good reason. I also meant to make this a discussion and not a question.

Heres the link to 10.6 http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx

Side note: do i need to download the crossfire app profiles along with the CCC suite, or do they come with the suite?

Not sure what you guys are talking about, 10.6 comes up for me.

About the crossfire profiles: Yes you need to download it separately. They really need to implement that better, as new versions don't even remove the old ones (I had 3 installed). From what I've found you only need the latest one, and basically it just has some custom driver settings for certain games to support better CF performance.

INeedSomeAdvice

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2010
Yes, I just revisited, and the site is now showing 10.6 for download. If anyone else had experienced the same page error as me please let me know so I dont think myself crazy. (I really did see a gremlin on the wing). And if I caused any confusion i apologize as well.

faune

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2010

No you were right it was definitely 10.5 a couple of hours ago.

@ OvrClkr. Me too. 10.4 seem to be the most stable for me (single 5770) lowest temps and highest avg FPS.

Solution