Order from Focus Camera without form required for rebate

Last response: in Digital Camera
December 26, 2004 3:43:27 PM

My wife bought me a camera for Christmas, and she found the best price at
Focus Camera, _and_ it offered a hundred dollar mail-in rebate. She was
looking at all the forms today, and she has to return the yellow portion of
the Worldwide Warranty card. There isn't one. There's a US warranty notice,
instead.

I googled rec.photo.* for Focus Camera and found mixed answers. Anybody
have any clue on what the story is here? I've already bookmarked New York's
consumer fraud Web page, but I'm hoping to straighten it out with Focus
Camera on the phone. Based on others' experiences, it seems I'll just get
hung up on, though.

For others with complaints about purchases in NYC, see
http://www.nyc.gov/html/dca/html/resolve.html

Years ago I bought a camera body in NYC in person, with the promise of the
lens shipped promptly from another store -- then I got the usual backorder
runaround, and the DCA got it straightened out pronto.
December 26, 2004 5:07:28 PM

Phil Stripling wrote:
> My wife bought me a camera for Christmas, and she found the best
price at
> Focus Camera, _and_ it offered a hundred dollar mail-in rebate. She
was
> looking at all the forms today, and she has to return the yellow
portion of
> the Worldwide Warranty card. There isn't one. There's a US warranty
notice,
> instead.
>
> I googled rec.photo.* for Focus Camera and found mixed answers.
Anybody
> have any clue on what the story is here? I've already bookmarked New
York's
> consumer fraud Web page, but I'm hoping to straighten it out with
Focus
> Camera on the phone. Based on others' experiences, it seems I'll just
get
> hung up on, though.
>
> For others with complaints about purchases in NYC, see
> http://www.nyc.gov/html/dca/html/resolve.html
>
> Years ago I bought a camera body in NYC in person, with the promise
of the
> lens shipped promptly from another store -- then I got the usual
backorder
> runaround, and the DCA got it straightened out pronto.
> --
> Phil Stripling | email to the replyto address is presumed
> The Civilized Explorer | spam and read later. email from this URL
> http://www.cieux.com/ | http://www.civex.com/ is read daily

I didn't need a "worldwide" warranty card to apply for the rebate on my
D70, Nikon does not supply one for these camera bodies, nor do they
require one for a rebate. The instructions for the rebate clearly
state this. I don't know about other brands.
Anonymous
December 26, 2004 10:03:31 PM

ccmclain@gmail.com writes:

> I didn't need a "worldwide" warranty card to apply for the rebate on my
> D70, Nikon does not supply one for these camera bodies, nor do they
> require one for a rebate. The instructions for the rebate clearly
> state this. I don't know about other brands.

Okay, I went back and read the back of the form and it says there isn't a
worldwide warranty card for these camera bodies, and it's not require. :->

Never mind.