Win XP Icon to allow access to the desktop from the quick ..

I used to have an Icon on my desktop (which I then dragged to my quick launch
bar) that would allow me to click on it on the quick launch bar and return me
to the desktop while I still had multiple windows open.

It now seems to have disappeared - I did a search for "desktop" and get all
sorts of stuff that looks promissing, but when I try to right-click to make a
shortcut (& then drag down to the quick launch bar), it brings me to the
desktop folder, not to the actual desktop. Any suggestions??
--
Dumfounded & need ur help!!
1 answer Last reply

    You can try either of the following:

    Run the registry edit located on line 61, right hand side from
    this web site:

    Here's the MS fix:

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;q190355&ID=KB;EN-US;q190355
    --
    Nepatsfan
    "Karl" <ibeloved(remove this)@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    >I used to have an Icon on my desktop (which I then dragged to my
    >quick launch
    > bar) that would allow me to click on it on the quick launch bar
    > and return me
    > to the desktop while I still had multiple windows open.
    >
    > It now seems to have disappeared - I did a search for "desktop"
    > and get all
    > sorts of stuff that looks promissing, but when I try to
    > right-click to make a
    > shortcut (& then drag down to the quick launch bar), it brings
    > me to the
    > desktop folder, not to the actual desktop. Any suggestions??
    > --
    > Dumfounded & need ur help!!

Configuration Desktops Quick Launch Windows XP