Problem with Athlon X2 3600+

Sever

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2010
Since i put this new(for me) CPU on my Asus M2N-E (570 chipset), the audio keeps randomly receiving gaps, like scratching a disk for 1/4 to 1 second. Repeats randomly in 10 seconds to 2 minutes. The CPU is a Brisbane X2 3600+ 65nm. I tried raising vcore, because PCProbe II was showing 1,3 but CPU-Z was showing only 1,15 or so, and the AMD site told me the vcore should be 1,25/1,35. This litle gaps of sound only occurs in Winamp, both mp3s and radio, and in youtube; never occured in movies (mplayer) or games. I don't say the CPU or the whrong(??) voltage is to blame, but i only switched the CPU, everthing else is there.

Sever

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2010
I've told you already, worked fine, I only changed the CPU and went crazy. But to be sure, i reinstalled as you said, i've uninstalled with Revo and put first the original driver from CD, then the last driver I found on Asus site. Still doing same gapps.

Sever

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2010
Dude you are not reading what i just said? I did reinstall 2 times as Pete sugested. Uninstall program with Revo and manualy the driver, restart, put first the old driver from CD and the second time the last driver i could find on Asus official site. Nothing happened.
I realy don't know why it plays mp4 perfectly and mp3s with gaps. I tryed radio with "ogg" format: same gaps.

Calm down.

The only thing I can add on to malmental is to suggest checking to make sure the CPU is on the motherboard compatibility list.

I'd also recommend replacing you old CPU back in and seeing if the problem continues or not. Just to make sure that it works with the old one and it wasn't coincidence.

By the way, is that CPU temperature the temperature on idle? If so, that's pretty hot.

Sever

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2010
OK I pulled everything out of the MB, RAM, CPU, VGA, dust them off and put them back in. I double cheked power conections. Then I powered on and Load Setup Default the BIOS. It's OK now I think, pased almost 24 hours and i think I didn't hear no gaps anymore. Only 1 litle thing bothers me: the vcore readings are still different, in PCProbe2 and CPU-Z. Nevermind this, as long as it works. I let the vcore on Auto, I'll try in 2-3 more days the overclock, if it's stable. Now it's like 28-30 celsius on idle, went to 45-47 with 2 hours of Orthos testing CPU. Thx for your answers guys, and sorry malmental I rushed at you :D Better light some *** up and calm myself.

TRENDING THREADS