Rate My Build+Low 3dMark Vantage score?

Tags:
  • Homebuilt
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
August 6, 2010 7:51:47 PM

Hi,

First of all, I'm new here:) 

So, I bought a new pc this week and i'm currently on Windows 7 32Bit OEM and this is my new PC(i'm not O.Cing):

Processor: Intel Core i5 760 BOX
Mother-Board: Gigabyte GA-H55M-S2H
GFX: Sapphire Radeon 5850HD 1GB
Memory: G.Skill 2X2048 DDRIII 1333MHZ
Case: Simple Black With Window & Black LEDs
DVD-RW: Samsung DVD-RW 22X Black
PSU: TRENDSONIC 600W PSH600R-D
HDD: WD 320GB 7200RPM 16MB Cache

Warranty is Extended on everything(2-3 years).

I was very limited with money because it's pretty expensive in Israel(Take the price in Newegg & add it about 17%(tax))

Well it cost me 1300 US$ & it's 1000$ on Newegg(sad sad)

So, I have a few questions, first is, is this a generic PSU and what does it mean? Here is the PSU's Tests & Benchmarks: Click Here

Second, I got P13919 on 3DMark Vantage, isn't that kinda low for a rig like that and will I get better results when I move to Win7 64Bit?

Last question:)  When I played Crysis for example I made Everything on MAX res. is 1440X900 and AA is 4X and I get very low performance 30-22 FPS is that normal?

Thanks for all the help:) 

More about : rate build low 3dmark vantage score

August 7, 2010 6:08:56 PM

Starting with the crysis question first. As long as you get a smoot frame rate (min 25 FPS) for the game to be playable. Your results seem to be above this figure. Are they minimuj or average figures ?

Trendsonic is not a name I am familiar with, andwould recomend you stick to Corsair / Antec etc.

Excluding the PSU only item i would change is the HDD - 320gb may seem a lot of storage but once the driver gets to around half full the performance will drop off. Seeing as HDD's are getting cheaper all the time (Spin Point F3 in the UK = £49) the bigger the better.

3dmark benchmarks are purely synthetic benchmarks with little or no real world performance indication as to how well you PC will perform.

You didnt mention what scores you got inidentally
!