ICS on Win 2K & XP, need software help.

G

I have configured my Win XP machine to use a dial up modem.
My Win 2000 (prof) machine is connected by a switch (ie an ethernet lan) to my Win XP machine. I can run games on the network smoothly, using IPX or TCP\IP.
Internet is fine on the Win XP.

Now I want to get my Win 2000 to share the Win XP's dial up connection.

I ran the Win XP ICS wizard. It gave my Win XP an IP 192.168.0.1 (on the ethernet card) and I configured my Win 2000 to auto-obtain an IP.

What else should be configured? My Win2000 machine still can't access the Internet. Should I enter DNS and proxy values in the Win 2000 machines as those entered for my Win XP IE settings?
Is there something else I should have running on my Win XP?

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by caesar on 06/14/01 11:48 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

G

Yes... DNS should be supplied to the W2K machine... the proxy though is the XP machine (not the gateway that the XP machine uses to get to the net).

Should work just fine tho... What version of XP are you using? Is it pretty stable?

G

I entered 192.168.0.1 as the DNS address for Win 2K. This is the ethernet address for the Win XP machine also.

It worked after I entered the same proxy settings (IE) on the Win2K machine as I had on the Win XP (IE) machine.

As for XP, I'm using the Beta 2 original release and I think it was worth the dollars I paid for it. The only problems I get are with the logoff command. It keeps hanging on DEVLDR32 (30% of the time anyways).

Anyways, thank you!