Can you provide me with...

miha2

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2009
Hello everyone. So, basically, I've been studying for CompTIA A+, and I understood a lot, but I also understood that there will definitely be some "stupid" questions. So, really, just to prepare well, what kinds of questions should I hope to be asked? I mean, Could you provide me with... questions that might be sneaky, too hard and such, please? I would really appreciate your help. If you want to say something like "study by yourself" or similar, I definitely will, but I need to know, let's call it, the best book to prepare by, where will be all the answers to all the questions. Thank you

miha2

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2009
Ask him to leave the computer and see what's wrong. It might be power supply, might be something else. Or what? It'll be better if you provide (if you remember, of course) the answers. I mean, ABCD(EF).

Ah, but does a real-life situation provide you with A,B,C,D answers. No.

The answer is:

Calm the customer down and ask what you can do. Tell them why they feel that way and provide a personal aspect to what they are feeling. Basically, calm them down and ask what they want done.

miha2

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2009
That's easy. 4GB, or 2^32 bytes. It's not 4096 KB though, neither it is 4000 KB. Any more? I understand that in a real life there are no ABCD choices, but I'm not taking test on a real life, I'm taking test on A+ certificate. By the way, thanks for help so far.

Close.

You say you will clean the unit, but never tell the customer what to do with his computer, or his life. Even though you it is not advised to smoke around a computer, advise him to possibly have an alternative smoking area from the computer.

miha2

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2009
Well, yeah, that's basically what I meant. And I didn't say I'm telling that he shouldn't smoke in front of the computer, just that it's a bad idea. Any more? You're really helping me, I really appreciate it.

Here is another one:

There is a regular customer who comes in daily to chat with you. He has plans to build a new computer. He states that he will build a server computer for gaming. However, he wants to go LAN. He also states he wants to connect to other servers. He wants you to do it for him.

What do you do?

miha2

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2009
Well, what do you mean, server? Like, an actual gaming server to which players connect (where all the rooms are)? If yes, then it requires more skills than just an A+ certificate. It requires a broad knowledge of networking, security, hardware and software. I'd suggest him to contact the company that created game and ask them if it's possible. (In some (free) games it's possible.) But, LAN and "other servers" are like a cloud and the sky, they're different. I'd say it's impossible.