Sign in with
Your question

CPU not working correctly?

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
October 13, 2010 8:14:38 PM

I'm new to this site but loved some helpful forums.... ANYWAY

I am currently trying to help my tech. ignorant get her computer running smoothly.

The system boots horrible slow, taking 10-15 minutes to boot up :/ 

Her system also gives her the BSOD about 3 times a week, but gives no error about any drivers.

Finally it makes a loud rattling sound when stressed even slightly and I believe that is a fan somehow making that noice.... not sure however. In addition, her CPU temp. is 47 degrees C ideling fresh in the system bios..... Which I think his hot, but not too sure :/ 

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!!!!

More about : cpu working correctly

October 13, 2010 8:38:57 PM

bunnyslayerz said:
I'm new to this site but loved some helpful forums.... ANYWAY

I am currently trying to help my tech. ignorant get her computer running smoothly.

The system boots horrible slow, taking 10-15 minutes to boot up :/ 

Her system also gives her the BSOD about 3 times a week, but gives no error about any drivers.

Finally it makes a loud rattling sound when stressed even slightly and I believe that is a fan somehow making that noice.... not sure however. In addition, her CPU temp. is 47 degrees C ideling fresh in the system bios..... Which I think his hot, but not too sure :/ 

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!!!!

Please list all PC specs.

When the PC is working hard the fan would not be making the noise. If the fan was making a noise it would be making a noise right when you turn the PC on. The sound will more then likely come from the HDD unless it is a disc in the Disc-tray.
m
l
October 20, 2010 12:45:27 AM

christiangordon said:
Please list all PC specs.

When the PC is working hard the fan would not be making the noise. If the fan was making a noise it would be making a noise right when you turn the PC on. The sound will more then likely come from the HDD unless it is a disc in the Disc-tray.

Thanks for the reply, I will post the specs once I get them.... :/  sorry for the inconvenience but I am new at this and I'm only trying to help her for experience. And there was no Disc in the Disc tray.
m
l
a c 131 à CPUs
October 20, 2010 12:25:42 PM

Open the side case and do a visual on what's making the rattling.
m
l
!