Buying a PC with a budget

mryogesh123

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2010
I have a £400 budget and am looking to build a computer that will be able to run all new games at top specs. i also need the computer to be able to render 3d in high detail for programs such as zbrush, max and the UDK engine. I have been recommended to buy an AMD phenom2 x4 black edition 955 and an ati 5770 1024 graphics card. i am still not sure weather to go for ddr2 or ddr3 ram and therefore am unsure of what motherboard and powersupply. i am willing to extend the budget by a few extra pounds
thanks

That is a nice setup and for your uses I would only change one thing: you will be able to make use of the phenom IIx6 1055t's extra 2 cores.

As for "being able to run all new games at top specs" this to me is taken as:
I want to max out all games at 1920x1080 with at least 60FPS -
This is impossible. The setup will be able to play most games at decent settings at 60FPS but to "run all new games at top specs" you would need to have a £4,000 budget with triple SLI GTX480 and a core i7 980X and the returns for your money would be minimal. There are even games today that would challenge a system like that.

I want to be able to play all modern games at 60FPS and I don't mind lowering setting - this is doable and the only games that would challenge your setup might be Cryostasis or Metro 2033. Most mainstream games will be able to be maxxed out or maxxed out without AA on.