External memory Drive

rluc2000

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012
Hello,
I have a widows 7 ultimate (Toshiba) and my external storage drive will not open, the computer does not recognize it and i cannot format it because i do not want to loose the data on it. How can i retrieve my data ..please.

rdc85

Honorable
Is it on your rig only or it's on all rig....

Check the cable connection....
And to be safe insert it on another machine and backup the data... (u could use cloud service, or free file hosting site, or optical disk as temporary backup place...)

after the data safely backup-ed try re-insert the external storage on another port, see if it detected on drive manager...
or u can try disassemble the drive and mount it internally (but it void the warranty)

rluc2000

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012

Thank you for your support, I cannot get past the "you need to format the disk in drive G before you can use it"

rluc2000

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012

rluc2000

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012
It is driver problem. Go to add new hardware after connecting it properly to you machine. If it work for you then good else only other option is to connect to some other machine and take the complete backup, reformat it, rollback your machine to some earlier point where you were able to connect your drive to your computer successfully.

Thank you Joyce,

i have let my drive reach capacity with the exception of 1 MB, the drive has a total memory of 953838 MB.

At least i know why now. :wahoo: :)

Can you help me with that one? :bounce: