Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Problems with a HIS 4670AGP ICEQ

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 1, 2010 5:57:58 AM

I Just bought a HIS ATI Radeon HD 4670AGP ICEQ. Had no problems playing games, ran all my games great, but when I go to watch a video on Youtube,hulu etc. It crashes. I know it has to be the video card because before i upgraded my computer didn't have a single problem, except having a slow graphics card. I installed a fresh copy of Windows XP home Edition updated to SP3, Installed Abobe flash player, Latest patch from the amd website, and when i go to watch a video it loads for a few seconds, then my screen flickers then reboots.

Specs are:
400 Watt Psu
P4 3.0GHZ HT
2Gigs DDR ram
ATI 4670AGP HIS ICEQ
1 IDE HDD
1 DVD-RW/CD-RW drive
Nothing else installed, except a aftermarket Heatsink/fan.

More about : problems 4670agp iceq

Best solution

July 1, 2010 3:00:00 PM

That's because you're trying to use the Adobe Flash Video acceleration on Hulu. It crashes my 5870 as well with the latest drivers. Anyway, just browse this site, and when you see a flash ad right click on it and click settings. Uncheck the box that says "Enable Hardware Acceleration", and then click close. Now close all your browser windows and open up a new one and go to hulu. Make sure that it's still disabled by right clicking on any of their little flash things and click on settings. With the acceleration off you should now be able to watch stuff from hulu problem free, well accept for the fact that your CPU would probably struggle with full screen 480p video :D 
July 1, 2010 6:59:19 PM

Best answer selected by SkullySquirrel.
m
l
Related resources
July 1, 2010 7:01:11 PM

Thank you, everything is back to normal now. I'm just embarrassed it was something so simple haha. Also my little old cpu only starts to struggle when i take videos over 720P.
m
l
July 2, 2010 3:33:54 AM

Hey it happens. Yeah, the GPU flash acceleration isn't as great as advertised apparently :D . It seems to be just fine on my backup PC with a Radeon 3850, but on my laptop with a GT 330M and my main computer it was problematic.
m
l
!