Sign in with
Your question
Solved

CPU Fan dead!!!

Last response: in CPUs
October 14, 2010 1:55:42 AM

So as the title reads my CPU Fan is dead, but the crazy part is It's been dead for about 3 months now and I didn't know. I have a 80mm fan taking in air from outside the case through a funnel that is very close the fan, It idles at 34 and max is about 55-60. I'm in desperate need of a new processor fan but I'm confused on which would be more effective and not to mention last longer. I'm using the stock Intel fan that came with my Core 2 Duo E8400, Please I really need to get a good CPU fan. Thanks.

System:
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0Ghz
4Gigs DDR2
Intel DG43GT Motherboard
9800GX2 Graphics Card
320gb
500gb
750W PSU
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

More about : cpu fan dead

a c 850 à CPUs
a c 140 å Intel
October 14, 2010 2:05:06 AM

If you can mount the same size fan as is on it now would work. Otherwise this cooler comes highly recommended CM Hyper 212+.
You did check that it did not come unplugged?
m
l
a b à CPUs
October 14, 2010 2:05:06 AM

Wow! And you haven't experience any auto shutdown due to CPU overheat? That's new. :lol: 

Anyway, based on your description, I can assume that your PC usage habits is only using light to medium CPU stressing programs. With that being said, another stock Intel fan is enough. :na: 

But if you want more insurance and have the cash to spend, any after market cooler is better than the stock cooler, and that's a wide scope of options. In the end, it comes down to your budget.

Good luck!
m
l
Related resources
October 14, 2010 2:23:08 AM

rolli59 said:
If you can mount the same size fan as is on it now would work. Otherwise this cooler comes highly recommended CM Hyper 212+.
You did check that it did not come unplugged?

I checked, Its definitely dead. And I'm not able to use that cooler you listed, My mother board is micro-atx and judging by the picture on the site of it inside a case, I think there isn't enough clearance for it due to my PSU. Thanks anyway.
m
l
a b à CPUs
October 14, 2010 2:32:39 AM

Please be more specific. Is the case also micro ATX (slim)? How much space you have with the stock cooler installed?
m
l
October 14, 2010 5:33:40 AM

damasvara said:
Please be more specific. Is the case also micro ATX (slim)? How much space you have with the stock cooler installed?

Its a Mid-tower. I'm not to sure on the room, I'm just concerned that the fan you showed me Rollie may be to much like the stock. I'm interested in the other cooler master one. I'm just unsure if it will hit my PSU as its mounted on the top. If any one can clarify this that'd be greatly appreciated
m
l
a b à CPUs
October 14, 2010 5:43:03 AM

CodyMcInnes said:
Its a Mid-tower. I'm not to sure on the room, I'm just concerned that the fan you showed me Rollie may be to much like the stock. I'm interested in the other cooler master one. I'm just unsure if it will hit my PSU as its mounted on the top. If any one can clarify this that'd be greatly appreciated

You can check by directly measure the space between the CPU cooler fan base and the PSU. Then check the dimension specifiations of the desired after market CPU fan, and voila, you can determine whether or not it will hit the PSU! :D 

Although I'm kinda lost here, how can the cooler fan be under the PSU? It's usually located directly under the side vent or side case, since the direct air supply is needed by the fan for the cooling purpose. :heink: 

EDIT: typo... :sweat: 
m
l
a c 850 à CPUs
a c 140 å Intel
October 14, 2010 3:57:56 PM

Being a mid-tower the fan should not hit the PSU which is mounted above the motherboard.
m
l
October 14, 2010 10:10:09 PM

rolli59 said:
Being a mid-tower the fan should not hit the PSU which is mounted above the motherboard.

Alright, I think the Cooler Master Hyper 212+ is what I'm aiming for, although this will be completely new to me as I've never mounted a after market cooler. And this one certainly does look challenging.
m
l

Best solution

a c 850 à CPUs
a c 140 å Intel
October 14, 2010 11:12:12 PM

It comes with good instructions!
March 6, 2011 9:22:26 PM

Best answer selected by CodyMcInnes.
m
l
!