32g lexar flash drive not working

rygal999

Honorable
Oct 30, 2012
Hello,
i plug my 32g lexar in and it says either "this device can perform faster" or "installing drivers" followed by "this device is ready to use" but when i go to put something on it it doesnt show up. i check in disk management and it says usb mass storage on the F: drive. i tried a different brand of flas drive with the same outcome. then tried plugging them both into my ps3 but they were not recognized. it was working fine last night so i dont know what has happened. pleaaase help me.

demwilliams

Honorable
Oct 4, 2012

Hi , a couple of things may help you. first you did not mention what 32GB drive you have. The first message is more related to the port your plugging the 32GB drive into, it must be a slower USB 2.0 port so you will get messages of that nature. Second, once detected it's trying to install the USB mass-storage drivers for the drive inserted into that port. Third when you look in device mamanger and it shows the drive as drive F: and it's not showing up in My Computer the drive has been assigned to a drive that is already in use. Forth, try chnagiing the drive letter in devcie manager to a drive letter that is not in use, this may help you.

regards
Lexar Support