Sign in with
Your question
Solved

How to Fix my SATA HDD??

Last response: in Storage
October 30, 2012 4:15:53 PM

I have 2 HDD 80(SATA)+80GB(PATA) in my PC, PATA have 4 partitions( C: D: E: G: ) and SATA had 3, ( H: I: J: ) i always keep XP and win7 in both HDD. due to virus i wanted to reinstall both windows, i had needed to increase 1 more partition in SATA.

First i deleted Disk1 partition 1 SATA (40GB) and created another partition 10GB. it reserved aonther partition 100MB (unallocated) and keep its name as C:, then i deleted PATA XP partition and re-format.

I installed win7 in SATA, when its done and prompted for booting:
1. Entire windows
2. professional windows 7

i just shut down the pc directly without booting win7 and after few hours i was installing XP in PATA when its rebooted after copying the files, my pc got hang on the first display there system checks the storage devices.

when im pressing F2 for Setup its still stuck... then i removed both HDD's power and checked my system it was ok. when power to SATA it is not even going into the setup :cry: 

PATA is ok thank God, but i have important data in SATA and no backup..

Now I'm in trouble what i have to do to recover my SATA??

pls solve my problem.... at least it should not stuck my system i would recover my data and partition by Easus.

waiting for positive reply...

More about : fix sata hdd

October 31, 2012 8:58:00 AM

waiting for a quick solution ...
m
l
October 31, 2012 12:03:52 PM

well try HDD Regenerator 2011 as i recover my old ide hdd from it.
see if that help.

also next time let it boot other this problem can occur
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
October 31, 2012 12:12:47 PM

vampelle said:
well try HDD Regenerator 2011 as i recover my old ide hdd from it.
see if that help.

also next time let it boot other this problem can occur

first of all thanks for the reply..

the main problem is ... when i power to SATA it does not let me go ahead in the setup or boot from other HDD

m
l
October 31, 2012 1:02:21 PM

You have to get one similar hard drive board thatis working and swap it with the one you want to back up your data because the components on the board might be damaged
m
l

Best solution

a b G Storage
October 31, 2012 3:04:14 PM

Your HDDs are long overdue for replacing. There are many "self help" programs to attempt to recover lost partitions. Google is your friend. I predict you will end up contacting a professional recovery service and so you better place a dollar value on your data because they don't work cheap and they don't guarantee anything. Backing up drives is a lesson we all learn this way.
!