5 pin usb into gigabyte 880gm-ud2h, WHERE?

Xplosonhed

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2011

Page 29, fig 12, yes I know...

shuffling around the 10 pin for the two front USB ports and IT is still recognized... But when I plug in the 5 pin, and insert a card, I get nothing. The reader doesn't seem to be recognized at all. It's not even showing up in device manager.

Wires are
RED
WHITE
GREEN
BLACK (doubled)

I see no mention of wire color in manual.

It had a dedicated 5 pin header on the old board and worked fine. Now when I use a 10 pin (but only half) it isn't showing. Why would that be? Do all 10 pins have to be used to be recognized?

I believe its a driver issue and I cannot seem to find a driver for it at all...

Any Ideas?

It should install the driver itself when you plug it in.

Maybe a link to the device your talking about?

I'm confused, you say it has 5 wires, then you ask if you can swap a 6pin to a 9pin (?) and there is a 6pin into a 5pin (?). I'm not understanding.

I'm trying to view the manual but the site is slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow.

Xplosonhed

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2011
I have no idea what I was trying to say there. Sorry that it's misleading. I guess I was thinking 5 pin but recalling its missing a wire, so I added instead of subtracted...

It's a 5 pin but there are only 4 leads. The internal card reader doesn't seem to exist on the interwebs. All I have is a HP P/N and that didn't turn up anything. It's a 15 in 1 card reader, smaller than a 3.5 floppy drive in its own special bay.

The machine "was" a P6510f if that will help direct you at all... The board (DIMMs) went bad so I swapped out for this mobo in the same machine. Everything else works fine. Just cannot seem to get this card reader to work. I've read the manual and no mention of this. The old mobo had a dedicated 5 pin header for this. I am just assuming I can stick this into the 4 pin side of a 10(9) pin FUSB and it should work, but isn't.