ECE bonus pack?

Screenshots:

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/33708

CAN'T WAIT to get it!!! I love UT2004!!!
5 answers Last reply
More about bonus pack

    On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 20:41:49 +0100, "888" <UAC@marstation.mars.com>
    wrote:

    >CAN'T WAIT to get it!!! I love UT2004!!!

    Been playing it a few days, it has some great ONS maps (especially
    Urban) and cool new vehicles.

    > On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 20:41:49 +0100, "888" <UAC@marstation.mars.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>CAN'T WAIT to get it!!! I love UT2004!!!
    >
    > Been playing it a few days, it has some great ONS maps (especially
    > Urban) and cool new vehicles.
    > --

    Sorry for the post...ahahaha...just realised there are sub-sections in the
    downloads areas on the UT site ...duh!

    "888" <UAC@marstation.mars.com> writes:
    >Screenshots:
    >
    >http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/33708
    >
    >CAN'T WAIT to get it!!! I love UT2004!!!

    Downloaded it Sunday. The new vehicles are very fun, as are the new maps. *
    like corkscrews.

    Paul Vader wrote:

    > Downloaded it Sunday. The new vehicles are very fun, as are the new maps. *

    I just downloaded it today. The new vehicles are tricky, and I'm just
    starting to get a feel for them.

    The SPMA brings to mind all the artillery units in RTS games -- pretty
    vulnerable to anything that gets close. Once I got the camera drone
    figured out, it seemed pretty good for attacking at range from behind an
    obstacle, particularly for attacking nodes. Bots fire at the camera
    drone, but don't seem particularly worried about figuring out where the
    SPMA is.

    I was only starting to get a feel for how to use the Cicada. I had a
    hard time convincing bots to take the turret; I imagine that'd make it
    much more effective.

    I think the Paladin is basically intended for defense. It has armor as
    good as the Goliath, and it's got the energy shield; on the other hand,
    it's very slow, the weapon recharges slowly (more slowly than the
    Goliath's, I think), it fires with a slight arc which makes it very hard
    to aim, and it doesn't seem to do nearly as much damage as the Goliath's
    gun. Unless that shield is *very* useful once I've got the hang of it, I
    can't see a lot of reason to choose the Paladin over the Goliath.

    The new characters are pretty good, especially the two Skaarj. I'm
    wondering if they plan on releasing more characters for the Necris and
    Metal Guard, since it seems odd to have only two characters for each,
    and all of them male.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

    "Brian G. Vaughan" <foolishowl_hates_spam@peoplepc.com> writes:
    >vulnerable to anything that gets close. Once I got the camera drone
    >figured out, it seemed pretty good for attacking at range from behind an
    >obstacle, particularly for attacking nodes. Bots fire at the camera

    I need to do a lot more fooling with it this weekend, so I can get the hang
    of aiming it. I think it's designed from the ground up as a node-attacking
    weapon. I think it's also the fastest ground vehicle in the game.

    >I think the Paladin is basically intended for defense. It has armor as
    >good as the Goliath, and it's got the energy shield; on the other hand,
    >it's very slow, the weapon recharges slowly (more slowly than the
    >Goliath's, I think), it fires with a slight arc which makes it very hard

    It's about a wash on the main gun. I haven't driven a paladin much, but I
    do like the shield. It makes you much less of a big fat target while you're
    trying to get into position. In a pinch, it also can be used to mow down
    footsoldiers. *
    like corkscrews.

Games Video Games