Simple WinXP question

Hi,
This maybe a real stupid question concerning WindoweXP explorer - BUT I will
ask anyway :-). Why when I open up Windows Explorer on my XP machine do I
not get
information like how many files on the disk, disk space used (and left). On
my Windows 98SE computer I have this info showing on the bottom of the
window. It sure would be nice when I put in a Zip disk that I know how much
room is left to store more photos. Anyway, I am sure someone must be able to
answer this question. There are many things I do like about Windows XP, but
then there are a few things I think that are pretty stupid and and cannot be
changed or set up with ease.

OK... off my soap box
Thanks
Dan
3 answers Last reply
More about simple winxp question

    Try double-click on 'My Computer'

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Daniel" wrote:
    | Hi,
    | This maybe a real stupid question concerning WindoweXP explorer - BUT I
    will
    | ask anyway :-). Why when I open up Windows Explorer on my XP machine do I
    | not get
    | information like how many files on the disk, disk space used (and left).
    On
    | my Windows 98SE computer I have this info showing on the bottom of the
    | window. It sure would be nice when I put in a Zip disk that I know how
    much
    | room is left to store more photos. Anyway, I am sure someone must be able
    | answer this question. There are many things I do like about Windows XP,
    but
    | then there are a few things I think that are pretty stupid and and cannot
    be
    | changed or set up with ease.
    |
    | OK... off my soap box
    | Thanks
    | Dan

    Daniel

    Open Windows Explorer.. go to VIEW and check STATUS BAR..

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "Mike Hall \(MS-MVP\)" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote in

    > Daniel
    >
    > Open Windows Explorer.. go to VIEW and check STATUS BAR..

    And if it keeps forgetting this setting, try holding Ctrl while you click
    the X to close the Explorer window (this makes it save settings).

Configuration Windows XP