Simple WinXP question

Daniel

Hi,
This maybe a real stupid question concerning WindoweXP explorer - BUT I will
ask anyway :). Why when I open up Windows Explorer on my XP machine do I
not get
information like how many files on the disk, disk space used (and left). On
my Windows 98SE computer I have this info showing on the bottom of the
window. It sure would be nice when I put in a Zip disk that I know how much
room is left to store more photos. Anyway, I am sure someone must be able to
answer this question. There are many things I do like about Windows XP, but
then there are a few things I think that are pretty stupid and and cannot be
changed or set up with ease.

OK... off my soap box
Thanks
Dan

Try double-click on 'My Computer'

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Daniel" wrote:
| Hi,
| This maybe a real stupid question concerning WindoweXP explorer - BUT I
will
| ask anyway :). Why when I open up Windows Explorer on my XP machine do I
| not get
| information like how many files on the disk, disk space used (and left).
On
| my Windows 98SE computer I have this info showing on the bottom of the
| window. It sure would be nice when I put in a Zip disk that I know how
much
| room is left to store more photos. Anyway, I am sure someone must be able
| answer this question. There are many things I do like about Windows XP,
but
| then there are a few things I think that are pretty stupid and and cannot
be
| changed or set up with ease.
|
| OK... off my soap box
| Thanks
| Dan

Daniel

Open Windows Explorer.. go to VIEW and check STATUS BAR..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"Mike Hall \(MS-MVP\)" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote in

> Daniel
>
> Open Windows Explorer.. go to VIEW and check STATUS BAR..

And if it keeps forgetting this setting, try holding Ctrl while you click
the X to close the Explorer window (this makes it save settings).