Sign in with
Your question

Why R AMD MoBo's plain vs. Intel MoBo's?

Last response: in Motherboards
June 8, 2011 8:54:19 AM

I wanna hear ALL the theories and facts on the subject of...
There are NO right's or wrongs here, just my curiosity of a community @ large.
(No silly stuff either like Intel rulez just because - LOL).

WHY are AMD MoBo's so "plain" looking when there are some RIPPIN' bad-ass looking Intel boards w/ rippin' barney bad chipsets???

Like EVGA for an example - or that new kickin' red and black board with the thingy's on it (no i am just kidding) the Fatality board for Intel based is LOADED!!!

I think ASUS and MSI hands down (and in that order) whip tail on some slick looking equipment for AMD based units.

Does the manufacture community think AMD people are maybe budgeted type folks, or are they aware you can build a killer sys for 1/3 the cost of an Intel plain and simple making this a simple explanation of intelligence? Or is Intel like the brand Nike - just living off old reputation... they are still made in China - the same place as every other 'budget' shoe out there. Right?
Hey, I am VERY aware it is at the moment very VERY hard to kick the i7's ass. but are the seconds worth your left pinky finger? but with the AM3+ and 8 core stuff right around the corner, we're right back at the AMD vs Intel argument again.

Intel's are productivity based machines aren't they? Whereas AMD has been known for a while as, "...you wanna build a 'gamer' - start w/ an AMD setup." Right?

I understand that ALL system building comes down to preferences and budget.

So what gives with the high priced Intel stuff that has good looks/color schemes, vs AMD still being the "new kid on the block" (well that's not true anymore) with similar competition?

I believe w/ the new AM3+ stuff there MAY be changes to the market. for example, the visual tell tale it is an AM3+ MoBo w/ the new dark grey/black CPU socket.

Same goes for GPU manufacturers... when are THEY gonna start making GPU's so you can SEE those lovely beauties instead of making them upside down and forcing you to, most of the time, give up a PCI slot just to have the damned thing in your computer?? - I figure it is to draw the cooler air from thwe bottom of the case, but now-a-days, bottom mounted PSU's are becoming more and more popular/standardized in DIY situations.
June 8, 2011 4:11:08 PM

YEAH!!! that sabertooth would make for a GREAT camouflage tank PC!!!

I've seen the formula one before@newegg - make for a great Ferrari PC!

something smooth like that sabertooth would be worth the 200+ fins - I would TOTALYmakea old style "lay down on side" case tank PC withthat board, man!!!

I'm going to end up w/ this board for my budget build:
http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=880G%20Pro3
The ASUS' brother: ASRock 880G PRO3 w/ 8 core support for a hundred bones.
m
l
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
June 8, 2011 7:00:19 PM

Personally, I prefer to base mobo purchase decisions on 1) the chipset, 2) features, 3) expandability, and finally 4) the bling factor. I spend more time choosing an aftermarket cpu heatsink based on bling than a mobo.

Remember when all mobo's were green, white, and black? *sniff* ahh yes, the good ol' days *sniff*...
m
l
June 8, 2011 10:23:08 PM

Quote:
Personally, I prefer to base mobo purchase decisions on 1) the chipset, 2) features, 3) expandability, and finally 4) the bling factor.

I think I would have to agree, me too... and in that same order.

Quote:
I spend more time choosing an aftermarket cpu heatsink based on bling than a mobo.

for me it is ALL about 1] performance 2] cost/what I need it for 3] bling is a bonus. I recently discovered how kick butt the Cooler Master V6 GT is - and the price is right too!

Quote:
*sniff* ahh yes, the good ol' days *sniff*...

HAHAHAHA - i saw Mr. Ferley (Don Knots) of Three's Company when I read that!
"yeeeep, yep yep..." *sniiiifff*
m
l
June 9, 2011 8:54:09 AM

computernugget said:
i dont know man, even some of the cheaper stuff looks pretty cool to me. like these boards here

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

i would prefer todays color schemes over the old ones with the green and the yellow and orange and oh my god. yeah. lol

Yeah this biostar board is LOADED for the price. I've gotten one for my mother:

and HELLZ yeah the foxconn is a really good board - i have already looked into both of the pictured boards and they are actually quality.

I have had good experiences with biostar so far (2 purchases for my nephew and me mums) and are both flawless.
m
l
!