Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Power Supply selctions

Last response: in Components
October 15, 2010 3:29:58 AM

I am in the process of building a gaming pc. I have CPU an graphics cards. The CPU is an i7 950 and the graphics cards are GTX 460's (1GB). I need to know the right power supply to power these. I would prefer modular and a single 12v rail. It obviously must be SLI capable. Please list all of your suggestions. Include links if possible, or give me specific models rather than companies (I realize Corsair is quality).

Thank you all for your help, I truly do appreciate advice as I am somewhat knew to this community.

More about : power supply selctions

Best solution

a c 165 ) Power supply
a c 235 U Graphics card
a c 105 à CPUs
October 15, 2010 3:34:25 AM

modular, single rail, will handle your rig in SLI with ease, excellent reviews, and is $63 after the rebate

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
a c 87 ) Power supply
a c 175 U Graphics card
a c 87 à CPUs
October 15, 2010 4:18:06 AM

I disagree with your desire for a single rail and modular, though at the power you want it shouldn't be a problem. Multi rail units are really single rail units so it really doesn't matter. I would suggest a PSU, but CT has already picked a good one. I doubt I could find something better. (except for maybe a non modular cousin to the one he listed but meh.)
m
l
Related resources
October 16, 2010 1:28:46 AM

Best answer selected by jdbceltics.
m
l
October 16, 2010 1:42:10 AM

Like asus has a power supply calculator. Or your motherboard manufacturer should have the same I assume. I did a similar build, i5 750, gtx 460,and the result was a 550w.

But it was nice to have a precise calculation.
m
l
!