UT-GOTY audio problem

Hi,

A friend of mine, who plays UT-GOTY on his 1ghz AMD/Nvidia Windows XP
system confronted me with this problem, for which I have no answer.
He says that when he quits the game, the music continues to play.
That is something that has never happened to me, so I don't know how
to advise him. His system does have integrated sound on the MB, which
I think may be the problem, since those things never seem to work as
well as a dedicated/separate sound card. Other than that, I have no
suggestions for him. Anyone else ever experienced this phenomenon?

"Temba, his arms wide ..."
2 answers Last reply
More about goty audio problem

    Darmok enlightened us with:
    > A friend of mine, who plays UT-GOTY on his 1ghz AMD/Nvidia Windows
    > XP system confronted me with this problem, for which I have no
    > answer. He says that when he quits the game, the music continues to
    > play.

    Well-known issue when using DirectX. Let him switch to OpenGL.

    MeltDown
    ! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
    !Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.

    On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 09:49:22 +0200, MeltDown
    <meltdownUSE@YOURunrealtower.imagination.org> wrote:

    >Darmok enlightened us with:
    >> A friend of mine, who plays UT-GOTY on his 1ghz AMD/Nvidia Windows
    >> XP system confronted me with this problem, for which I have no
    >> answer. He says that when he quits the game, the music continues to
    >> play.
    >
    >Well-known issue when using DirectX. Let him switch to OpenGL.

    Thanks for the tip. As I said, I've never seen this behavior on any
    of my 3 computers, or any of my other friends' computers, except for
    the guy mentioned. He's the only one with 'audio on MB', that's why I
    figured it was the problem. I'll tell him to switch to OpenGL and see
    if that makes a difference.

    Thanks!

Audio Video Games