  • Video Games
Last response: in PC Gaming
Anonymous
September 28, 2004 10:28:28 PM

Hi,

A friend of mine, who plays UT-GOTY on his 1ghz AMD/Nvidia Windows XP
system confronted me with this problem, for which I have no answer.
He says that when he quits the game, the music continues to play.
That is something that has never happened to me, so I don't know how
to advise him. His system does have integrated sound on the MB, which
I think may be the problem, since those things never seem to work as
well as a dedicated/separate sound card. Other than that, I have no
suggestions for him. Anyone else ever experienced this phenomenon?

"Temba, his arms wide ..."

More about : goty audio problem

September 29, 2004 1:49:22 PM

Darmok enlightened us with:
> A friend of mine, who plays UT-GOTY on his 1ghz AMD/Nvidia Windows
> XP system confronted me with this problem, for which I have no
> answer. He says that when he quits the game, the music continues to
> play.

Well-known issue when using DirectX. Let him switch to OpenGL.

MeltDown
! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
!Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.
Anonymous
September 29, 2004 1:49:23 PM

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 09:49:22 +0200, MeltDown
<meltdownUSE@YOURunrealtower.imagination.org> wrote:

>Darmok enlightened us with:
>> A friend of mine, who plays UT-GOTY on his 1ghz AMD/Nvidia Windows
>> XP system confronted me with this problem, for which I have no
>> answer. He says that when he quits the game, the music continues to
>> play.
>
>Well-known issue when using DirectX. Let him switch to OpenGL.

Thanks for the tip. As I said, I've never seen this behavior on any
of my 3 computers, or any of my other friends' computers, except for
the guy mentioned. He's the only one with 'audio on MB', that's why I
figured it was the problem. I'll tell him to switch to OpenGL and see
if that makes a difference.

Thanks!