Toshiba Satellite Pro 4600.

Hallo

I have a question concerning my Toshiba Satellite Pro 4600.

After I have changed from Windows 2000 to XP the cooling fan will not run.
What can be the reason?

Is it possible to measure the voltage to the fan somewhere on the print
circuit board under the keyboard?

How can I take the Toshiba apart for examine the fan?

Thanks.

Bent
2 answers Last reply
More about toshiba satellite 4600

    There is a fan utility for Toshiba machines that will let you turn the
    fan on and off manually.

    However, I'm sure that this is not a hardware failure.

    Fact is, the reason may be that under XP, the CPU isn't running hot
    enough to need the fan. The power management in XP is a LOT better than
    in 2000.

    Bent Jørgensen wrote:

    > Hallo
    >
    > I have a question concerning my Toshiba Satellite Pro 4600.
    >
    > After I have changed from Windows 2000 to XP the cooling fan will not run.
    > What can be the reason?
    >
    > Is it possible to measure the voltage to the fan somewhere on the print
    > circuit board under the keyboard?
    >
    > How can I take the Toshiba apart for examine the fan?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Bent

    On or about Sat, 27 Nov 2004 23:25:30 +0100, Bent Jørgensen allegedly
    wrote:

    > Hallo
    >
    > I have a question concerning my Toshiba Satellite Pro 4600.
    >
    > After I have changed from Windows 2000 to XP the cooling fan will not run.
    > What can be the reason?

    Did you install the Toshiba power management software for XP? You should
    have the 'Toshiba Power Saver' Icon in Control Panel if it's there. You
    may need that to make sure it controls the fan properly.

    On the other hand, it could just be that you are not working it so hard
    since installing XP. I find the fan only fires up with a few programs
    that really work the processor. Most software doesn't work it hard enough
    to start the fan, even when I may have a dozen programs running.

    Noel Bachelor noelbachelorAT(From:_domain)

Fan Toshiba Laptops