PC doesnt Start after new power supply installed

shabiwabi

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2010
MS-7519 P43 Neo
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 (stock fan)
corsair 2GB DDR2 800Mhz
ATI Radeon HD 4870

I installed Cooler master Extreme Power 600Watt PSU but the system doesn't start up. The CPU and GPU fan run for a couple of seconds and then it restarts. I don't even get to the BIOS because the monitor shows no signal. All power cables are connected. if i remove one of the power cables from the video card, i get an on screen warning.

the system works on the old 500watt PSU (which goes to show that i know how to properly connect the power supply) but sometimes the video card acts funny. sometimes during playing batman arkham asylum (and other heavy games) the system locks up or shuts down without a blue screen or system dump. Sometimes weird lines and boxes appear on the screen when the system boots. also sometimes the HD isn't detected on start-up.

one of my ram modules has also been damaged.

anyway, i was told that i needed a more powerful PSU, but the new one doesn't work.

My main question is: is the new PSU not compatible with the mobo?

should i get a new power supply, board, or video card
i have never done any overclocking whatsoever.

ulysses35

Distinguished
First things first - remove all the cables and connectors check them and the re-seat them - its very easy to have a poor connection without knowing it.

Then just to be safe remove the BIOS battery for a few minutes then reinstlal and try booting your PC.