I have never built a computer before and this will be my first one
APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: This Week
BUDGET RANGE: $700 Before Rebates
SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Gaming and programming
PARTS NOT REQUIRED: I need everything
PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: newegg
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: USA
PARTS PREFERENCES: AMD CPU
SLI OR CROSSFIRE: No
MONITOR RESOLUTION: > 1600x1200
1) Should a noobie overclock?
2) I plan to unlock 2 cores from the phenom to get quad core. Can I unlock with the mobo I chose?
3) Do I need a bigger power supply?
4) Can I survive with just the heatsink that comes with the cpu?
5) Keep in mind I still have to buy a monitor(I'm willing to go anywhere < $800 with a monitor)
Ouch the GTS 250 is a refresh of the 9800GTX+ (but offers better efficiency) and $120AR is daylight robbery when the former could be had under $100 @@ In any case in the GPU hierachy u are getting performance around the HD 4770/GTS 250/HD 4850 country
Unlocking + stable should be viewed as a bonus not a given and over a spread of current and incoming games i would say the Rana 440 is a safer/better buy ^^