Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Hard Drive should i wait?

Last response: in Storage
October 31, 2012 4:39:12 AM

I was wondering that should i buy 1Tb hard drive right now or should i wait, that is if anything new tech is coming as i dont expect to go above 2 Tb right now. if i have too.

so any thing new from sea gate or western digital

More about : hard drive wait

a c 262 G Storage
November 1, 2012 1:32:26 AM

No reason to wait if you need the storage space.
m
l
November 3, 2012 5:59:53 AM

the storage is not needed asap. that why i asked, and if possible can you answer me which one is better in my other post which one i should consider. and why
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a c 262 G Storage
November 3, 2012 7:40:16 PM

I select between the two companies based on price.
January 17, 2014 10:26:30 PM

the price is same anyways. going to buy with a new system i am planning to buy soon. hope u can help me in that matter too
m
l
a b G Storage
January 18, 2014 12:10:27 AM

Some people swear that WD is the best others that Seagate is the best. They are both putting out solid drives. Just avoid WD green for system drives.

If you are planning on buying a system then follow this guide and post in the new build sub forum.
m
l
January 19, 2014 6:37:10 AM

anti-painkilla said:
Some people swear that WD is the best others that Seagate is the best. They are both putting out solid drives. Just avoid WD green for system drives.

If you are planning on buying a system then follow this guide and post in the new build sub forum.

i have posted a topic for the new system, the problem is i have limited budget, not a heavy gamer. but would like to play games halo and others. and online gaming too.
and i have posted what is available in my market with prices and links too. it is in system, same page of ur link.

alright and i am using my wd green for regular main system and regular drive with c as main n d as my regular store, n utorrent and movies traffic.
m
l
a b G Storage
January 19, 2014 3:03:23 PM

Do you use the Green drive for your C drive?
m
l
January 19, 2014 9:58:41 PM

anti-painkilla said:
Do you use the Green drive for your C drive?

yup for 4 years now n counting. along with d drive.
from where i download all stuff, watches, read, write, doc, n almost everything.
then i have seagate drive, same period, but i feel that is weaker than WD green as it makes lot more noise, so i keep it for my storage only n which i access rarely.
m
l
a b G Storage
January 20, 2014 12:20:55 PM

Thanks for the info. I have heard other people who have used the drive and have constant problems with the power saving features of the drive. I have seen 2 of them fail and go for the reds now, luckily they died a slow death and managed to recover the data.
m
l
January 21, 2014 6:56:26 AM

anti-painkilla said:
Thanks for the info. I have heard other people who have used the drive and have constant problems with the power saving features of the drive. I have seen 2 of them fail and go for the reds now, luckily they died a slow death and managed to recover the data.

i also had drive problem both with WD n seagate. lucky was able to get it exchange in recover when they had 5 years plan for it :) 

but now since i am going for 1TB, that why i am confirming it. As that 1 tb will be for streaming, storage, mainly, n might even use it for download through utorrent too.

m
l
a b G Storage
January 23, 2014 2:27:04 PM

May as well get the 1TB now, they will slowly reduce in price but not enough to wait for a price drop.

Look around and pick your HDD based on price, might be able to find a good deal. Again, I would avoid the Green, but it seems to have worked for you so far.
m
l
January 25, 2014 12:05:55 AM

anti-painkilla said:
May as well get the 1TB now, they will slowly reduce in price but not enough to wait for a price drop.

Look around and pick your HDD based on price, might be able to find a good deal. Again, I would avoid the Green, but it seems to have worked for you so far.

i am thinking for seagate this time. as the price is only Rs. 200 cheaper then green (that is $1.3) as i decided as i will be using it more on streaming as well. as planning to get led TV too near the end of the year. while i will be streaming for tablet, mobile, movies n other stuff thnk for the help
m
l
!