Cpu z readings wrong HELP

Hello,

My ram is

1600mhz 8-8-8-24

but cpuz shows it as

668.9mhz 9-9-9-24

Why is this?
25 answers Last reply
More about readings wrong help
  1. Edit

    Found out it was on auto and probaly was de grading the ram?

    Anyway, I set to 1600mhz now and it shows closer to the reading;

    802.7mhz 8-8-8-24

    also says CR 2T

    I'm guessing this is 2x?

    ie 2 x 802mhz = 1600mhz?

    It's a total educated guess just seems to make sense?
  2. The RAM is running approximately at 1333 MHz; the variance is the 'BCLK'.

    IF the RAM is XMP, there will be a XMP 1600 column, then refer to the manual and set to XMP. Example ASUS: AI OC Tuner -> XMP then save and exit = Yes.
  3. Quote:
    I'm guessing this is 2x?

    ie 2 x 802mhz = 1600mhz?

    Correct. CPU-z shows 'I/O bus clock' and not DDR {Double Data Rate} 'Data rate'.
  4. jaquith said:
    The RAM is running approximately at 1333 MHz; the variance is the 'BCLK'.

    IF the RAM is XMP, there will be a XMP 1600 column, then refer to the manual and set to XMP. Example ASUS: AI OC Tuner -> XMP then save and exit = Yes.


    Which question were you refering to? I'm assuming hte 650mhz one? Is 800mhz fine now?
  5. jaquith said:
    Correct. CPU-z shows 'I/O bus clock' and not DDR {Double Data Rate} 'Data rate'.


    Ok thanks alot all seems to be in order now, you have been a massive help I have 1 more problem I would be very greatful if you could help me with.

    It's regarding physics on my gpu. If you don't have time it's no problem Ill jsut post another thread on the gpu part.

    Thanks again
  6. We're posting on top of each other, I was referring to the 1st post.
  7. Quote:
    I have 1 more problem...regarding physics on my gpu.

    Ask away :)
  8. jaquith said:
    We're posting on top of each other, I was referring to the 1st post.


    haha yes I noticed that LOL fast responses, brilliant site, definitely going to recommend it!
  9. jaquith said:
    Ask away :)


    Ok basicly, I feel like my gpu isn't using physics (I can, maybe its broke?)

    I tried 3dmark vantage with physics on and off and got the same result Im not 100% sure If I have it on wait I'll take a screen shot on my nvidia pannel for the next post.

    Ill take one of it off and it on and tell me if im doing it right, this is litrally the last problem I have then ill be smooth sailing I hope my gpu isn't bust its 295gtx.
  10. PhysX 'advantages' depends on the combination of nVidia GPUs used. If you have (1) single GPU then PhysX won't improve scores. Often the 3DMark Vantage will go down with PhysX. FAQ -> http://www.nvidia.com/object/physx_faq.html

    Interesting article -> http://physxinfo.com/news/3728/mafia-ii-demo-physx-benchmarks-roundup/
  11. jaquith said:
    PhysX 'advantages' depends on the combination of nVidia GPUs used. If you have (1) single GPU then PhysX won't work. Often the 3DMark Vantage will go down with PhysX.

    Interesting article -> http://physxinfo.com/news/3728/mafia-ii-demo-physx-benchmarks-roundup/


    So I do have it correctly?

    295gtx is 2 cards in one.

    I remeber a year ago when I enabled physics it boosted my cpu score by 2-4x more.

    Now it does nothing.

    Its got me worried.

    Want to know my results on 3dmark vantage + my setup? Maybe that would tell u if a card was dead or if its fine.
  12. If you're using a 'single' {internally dual or single} GPU then leave the setting as 'Auto-Select' instead of 'Dedicated' to PhysX.

    To be clear(er) either setting has the PhysX computations moved off the CPU. If you add another GPU e.g. GTX 5XX then have the PhysX 'Dedicated' to GTX 295.

    As far as 'splitting' tasks on a 'dual' GPU I don't know if that's possible or if possible beneficial.
  13. jaquith said:
    If you're using a 'single' {internally dual or single} GPU then leave the setting as 'Auto-Select' instead of 'Dedicated' to PhysX.

    To be clear(er) either setting has the PhysX computations moved off the CPU. If you add another GPU e.g. GTX 5XX then have the PhysX 'Dedicated' to GTX 295.

    As far as 'splitting' tasks on a 'dual' GPU I don't know if that's possible or if possible beneficial.


    I see.

    All I know is, I tried this a while back and got huge scores on 3dmark vantage, now when I try it, it does nothing, is there somthing I am missing? Also is this a good score for my config?

    3D MARK VANTAGE TESTS

    STOCK (NO PHYSICS)

    P19686

    GPU SCORE 18539

    CPU SCORE 24171

    GT1 56.22

    GT2 52.32

    CT1 3336.69

    CT2 32.24

    F1 42.15

    F2 10.30

    F3 63.55

    F4 32.01

    F5 33.43

    F6 73.11

    i7 2600k 3.4ghz
    295gtx
    8gb 1600mhz ram
    asus p8p67 pro mobo
  14. Maybe the drivers are bad or mixed between new and old, try Driver Sweeper http://www.guru3d.com/category/driversweeper/ and reinstall the latest drivers.

    Also, if you made some oddball change to the BIOS or if you're 'trying' DirectX 11 on a DirectX 10 GPU...XP goes to 9, Vista 10.1, 7 up to 11 but don't use or install Direct X 11.
  15. jaquith said:
    Maybe the drivers are bad or mixed between new and old, try Driver Sweeper http://www.guru3d.com/category/driversweeper/ and reinstall the latest drivers.

    Also, if you made some oddball change to the BIOS or if you're 'trying' DirectX 11 on a DirectX 10 GPU...XP goes to 9, Vista 10.1, 7 up to 11 but don't use or install Direct X 11.


    So from this response I'm guessing this isn't good? Installed latest nvidia drivers and have win 7 64 bit

    I'll try your suggestion but this was a formatted hdd, so im pessermistic that the drivers are bad, lets hope im wrong! lol

    Quick edit

    Also, I only have the dispaly drivers installed, well thats all I looked for is there any more I need? I dont think there is but maybe I'm wrong, I just read up, maybe chipset?
  16. You can run Direct X 10 on Windows 7. On my 'Everyday' rigs {non gaming} they're running Direct X 10 http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af254/Jaquith/WEI_HJ_i7930_IDE.gif

    nVidia 'reads' the GPU and OS so it can install 32-bit on 64-bit OS unless you specifically download the 64-bit installer.
  17. Oh wow I just seen this, this looks bad I think.

    On my nvidia pannel it shows the;

    core clock 576
    mem clock 1008
    shader clock 1242

    but in cpuz it shows

    core clock 300
    mem clock 600
    shader clock 100

    Wtf is going on?

    EDIT

    Stupid mistake it doesn't hit the right core limit till its stressed! Tried 3dmark and they all shot up to the right marks lol. Still this physx thing is baffling!
  18. jaquith said:
    You can run Direct X 10 on Windows 7. On my 'Everyday' rigs {non gaming} they're running Direct X 10 http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af254/Jaquith/WEI_HJ_i7930_IDE.gif

    nVidia 'reads' the GPU and OS so it can install 32-bit on 64-bit OS unless you specifically download the 64-bit installer.


    Yes I made sure it was 64 bit (I have 8 gb ram)

    I think everything is right, just physix, very strange...Im pritty confused right now lol.
  19. It might be a bug with the 'new' drivers, report the problems to nVidia.
  20. jaquith said:
    It might be a bug with the 'new' drivers, report the problems to nVidia.


    So I should downgrade my drivers?

    Yeh I will do that if it is a bug.
  21. I've had to downgrade drivers, BIOS, patches, etc. Can't hurt.
  22. jaquith said:
    I've had to downgrade drivers, BIOS, patches, etc. Can't hurt.


    I'll give it a go tommorow, I have just been testing some oc's with cpu and gpu, I found good temps which show a great preformance stable ( 80c highest for gpu)

    Cpu needs new fan so im gona wait to test that propperly.
  23. jaquith said:
    I've had to downgrade drivers, BIOS, patches, etc. Can't hurt.


    It's getting there!

    OC GPU (Stable)

    P22696

    GPU 22429

    CPU 23535

    GT1 67.58

    GT2 63.75

    CT1 3284.21

    CT2 32.24

    F1 49.75

    F2 12.47

    F3 75.56

    F4 37.68

    F5 40.40

    F6 89.31

    orded new cd/dvd and now need new fan (old one doesnt fit mobo!)

    Know a good fan for 1155 mobo?

    I want to oc to around 4.4ghz from 3.4 (4ghz is enough 4.4 is great)
  24. Depends on your budget and preferences? You can take 'any' decent HSF and team it up with high CFM fans to keep it cool, but the problem is Noise : Cooling. Also, thermal paste used vs OEM; currently AC-MX4 is the 'new' replacement for the Arctic Silver 5 because there's no curing time and it's non-conductive BUT highly efficient.

    IMO HSF I like:
    Thermaltake Frio
    Scythe SCMG-2100
    Corsair H70

    The 'advantage' to the H70 is long-term easy maintenance, try cleaning all those fins on typical air cooling. On our 'everyday' 10 rigs I'm using H50's, 4 screws and a vacuum suck later I'm clean. Arguing over 1~3C has its place but maintenance and real world is where it's at for me. On my gaming rigs I use Koolance, but it's crazy expensive.

    In addition, I am a big advocate of picking my stuff, I like either Delta or Scythe fans, never use pre-applied paste, and am very diligent to maximize case airflow while having low noise with the aide of Fan Controllers.
Ask a new question

Read More

Chipsets RAM CPUs Motherboards