Your question

Problem with upgrade

Tags:
  • Homebuilt
  • Motherboards
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
August 7, 2010 6:19:02 PM

Okay i have a problem iv been working on a little for the last few days here are the facts as i have them.

i bought a prebuilt HP system works fine runs windows 7.
My power supply was junk and the case was so tiny the micro atx fit to the sides.
I bought a new case and new mother board (atx micro p5g41cm lx) and a 800 watt corsair power supply also
i had installed a new ati hd 4350 in to the original HP so that came over to .
After moving every thing to the new case and mother board i tried to start up the system.
it boots and gets to the logo screen but the minute the logo starts to swirl in to view it stops flashes a blue screen and restarts.

This is what iv done to try and fix it none of it has worked.
- memory is compatible.
- moved parts back to hold mother board/ case so nothing got fried it works fine.
- hard drive works fine with old mother board so its not broken from what i can tell.
- I can not run in safe mode it just restarts.

any advice would help my first guess is maybe im having driver problems and i need to uninstall all my old hard ware before switching.

More about : problem upgrade

August 7, 2010 6:36:33 PM

to be clear it wouldn't stop restarting even when the only new hard ware was the mother board
m
l
August 7, 2010 7:24:57 PM

all you need to do is format ur system from first ieither format and reinstall ur operating system . the reason why it keeps on restarting is cuz the drivers of the new hardware where not installed , u can put back all ur old hardware and install the new hardware drivers but thats a headache , i would personally install the new hardware then format the hard drive , install an operating system and then install the drivers [always get the latest drivers] .
m
l
!