Is it worth the performance/price

j2j663

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2011
So right now I have 8Gb (4x2GB) of ADATA ram installed right now. 1333 @ 9-9-9-24

There is a deal right now on newegg that would let me get 16GB (4x4GB) ram for <$120!

This is a hell of a deal but I don't know if 16GB is really worth it and I have not had much success in selling my current ram when ever I have tried for an upgrade.

Just wondering opinions on this and if anyone knows a good way to sell used ram?

Sorry I will add a little more information ...
I am having no issues with my ram right now and have no bottlenecks because of it.
I game at 1920x1080.
If I'm not gaming its usually multitasking which may include some programing or photo editing.
The rest of my specs are below.

Solution
I have to say that I find it hard to believe that you're regularly exhausting 8GB of memory, even with photo editing. I would recommend against the upgrade for now.

HOWEVER, you should keep an eye on the windows task manager and see where your memory use is sitting in general; if I noted that I was using greater than 8GB -- with the excess going to a slow HD pagefile -- I would upgrade. Otherwise, I would not.

fullofzen

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2011
I have to say that I find it hard to believe that you're regularly exhausting 8GB of memory, even with photo editing. I would recommend against the upgrade for now.

HOWEVER, you should keep an eye on the windows task manager and see where your memory use is sitting in general; if I noted that I was using greater than 8GB -- with the excess going to a slow HD pagefile -- I would upgrade. Otherwise, I would not.

Solution