Hp 8200 sff hard drive failures code 7

LanceJ

Honorable
Oct 31, 2012
Hello,
I order PC's for my company 25 at a time this last batch of PC's I got 6 PC's with the code 7 error after being image and in the field the users call and say their systems won't boot or looping. We run the HP diagnostics on them and we get the return code 7, we swap hard drives and we still get the same error. I have been wondering if HP has a bad batch of mother board controllers out there and they are not reporting it to there customers. This creates a lot of additional work for my staff swapping out new PC's and re-imaging them. I'm just wondering if anyone else has seen or reported this problem. Also it's not limited to the HP 8200 series this has also happened with the HP 6300 series.

Poway

Honorable
Jan 25, 2013
Not exactly, my company has almost 200 of these PCs and we have had roughly 10 problems but mostly with the hard drives. I am not sure if we got a code 7, but drive replacement is what is recommended. It is sometimes ambiguous because we can also take a machine that is not seeing its hard drive and then put it in another machine, image it back up and then the hard drive seems good again.