How get Toshiba software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have a Toshiba Tecra 500 CDT. The system appears to be hosed. We
recently moved and I can't find any of the software that came with it.

Where can I buy a copy of the the CDROM containing all the software? I've
looked all over the Toshiba web site, and can't find anything about it.

Dick.

Andrew

Dick Monahan <dick.dickmonahan@com> wrote:
: I have a Toshiba Tecra 500 CDT. The system appears to be hosed. We
: recently moved and I can't find any of the software that came with it.

: Where can I buy a copy of the the CDROM containing all the software? I've
: looked all over the Toshiba web site, and can't find anything about it.

Have you tried contacting a Toshiba service center? I know they are
able to send out copies of recovery CDs but only in the US as far as I
know.

You might find a kind soul who has the same model who can send you a
copy of his/her CDs.

Andrew
--
----> Portland, Oregon, USA <----

You probably can't buy it unless you get lucky on E-Bay (or someone here
offers to send you a copy).

All of the "pieces" that you need -- drivers and utilities -- to install
a generic retail operating system should be (usually are) available on
the Toshiba web site, but as individual components, not as a nice,
single, easy-to-use CD.

"Dick Monahan" <dick.dickmonahan@com> wrote in news:efydnbdQmKux2DTcRVn-
oA@speakeasy.net:

> I've
> looked all over the Toshiba web site, and can't find anything about it.

did you look here:

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/su/su_sc_modSel.jsp?

--
Onno Voors

"Onno Voors" <ov-NOSPAMww1@SVPxs4all.nl> wrote in message
> "Dick Monahan" <dick.dickmonahan@com> wrote in news:efydnbdQmKux2DTcRVn-
> oA@speakeasy.net:
>
> > I've
> > looked all over the Toshiba web site, and can't find anything about it.
> >

> did you look here:
>
> http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/su/su_sc_modSel.jsp?

Yes, I did. There is no Win 2K stuff there. But, now that I think of it,
it is possible that the 500CDT was never sold with Win 2K. I know this
particular machine was upgraded at the company where I was working.

But, there must have been lots of them upgraded, so the drivers should
exist?

Dick.

"Dick Monahan" <dick.dickmonahan@com> wrote in news:8uKdncW_boBZwTfcRVn-
ow@speakeasy.net:

> no Win 2K stuff there. But, now that I think of it,
> it is possible that the 500CDT was never sold with Win 2K. I know this
> particular machine was upgraded at the company where I was working.
>
> But, there must have been lots of them upgraded, so the drivers should
> exist?

Perhaps they used NT drivers. Otherwise, you can search here:
http://www.driverguide.com/

--
Onno Voors

Mike

Splendid

Dick Monahan wrote:
> I have a Toshiba Tecra 500 CDT. The system appears to be hosed. We
> recently moved and I can't find any of the software that came with it.
>
> Where can I buy a copy of the the CDROM containing all the software? I've
> looked all over the Toshiba web site, and can't find anything about it.
>
> Dick.

I've found that the canadian website has a lot more obsolete stuff
than the others. If the system shippped with an older os, you're much less
likely to find what you need for a newer os.
mike

--
Return address is VALID.
500MHz Tek DSOscilloscope TDS540 $2200