Canon A95 - OK to use Lithium AAs?

Last response: in Digital Camera
December 26, 2004 10:40:06 PM

I just bought a Canon A95. Does anyone know if it's ok to use those
lithium AA's in it?

More about : canon a95 lithium aas

Anonymous
December 27, 2004 6:59:36 AM

"marvinator3" <marvin.abrinica@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I just bought a Canon A95. Does anyone know if it's ok to use those
> lithium AA's in it?

Yes you may use any AAs that will fit: Alkaline, Lithium primary cells, or
NiCad or Ni-MH rechargeable cells. You will of course get differing levels
of performance but no damage to the camera will occur. The Lithium may cost
$4 each for one time use but have a high energy density compared to the
others and are quite good when going in the woods for a month with no
possibility of recharging. Lithium primary cells are what power the
military's radio equipment when weight is a major factor on covert
operations.

For the best compromise of performance and expense, Ni-MH with proper
charger is recommended.
December 27, 2004 8:49:37 AM

Check your owner's manual. I know Panasonic says not to use Lithium AA's in
their cameras, as they get too hot.

"marvinator3" <marvin.abrinica@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I just bought a Canon A95. Does anyone know if it's ok to use those
> lithium AA's in it?

December 27, 2004 9:24:39 AM

"marvinator3" <marvin.abrinica@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I just bought a Canon A95. Does anyone know if it's ok to use those
> lithium AA's in it?

Here is a nice reference. Scroll to the bottom to see a table of battery
capacities in flashes. http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/batteries.htm
Anonymous
December 27, 2004 9:29:03 PM

"DonR" <drennard@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Check your owner's manual. I know Panasonic says not to use Lithium AA's
> in
> their cameras, as they get too hot.

That's what the manual of my Canon A75 says too.

> "marvinator3" <marvin.abrinica@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> I just bought a Canon A95. Does anyone know if it's ok to use those
>> lithium AA's in it?

Anonymous
December 27, 2004 9:29:04 PM

That's what my A40 manual said. I've looked carefully thru' the A95 manual,
even searching the .pdf file and cannot find any mention of not using them
in the A95. All the same, I just carry a spare set of NiMH's.
Dave Cohen

!