New PC Build Problem

DigitalPiracy

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2010
Hi everyone, I just built my first PC and I'm having some audio/video issues. Windows 7 Ultimate x64 is installed and everything generally works fine. However, after being on for several hours, I can't properly play videos or hear any sound whatsoever. Once I restart, though, everything is fine. Youtube videos are very choppy and there is no sound. It isn't a connection issue because I have another computer in the house which hasn't had any problems. Also, it isn't the web browser or YouTube itself because I have tried IE, Firefox, and Chrome on different sites and it's always the same. Restarting the computer isn't that big of a deal but I shouldn't have to do it several times a day. Please help!

DigitalPiracy

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2010
Also, I forgot to mention my specs.

Gigabyte GA-MA74GM-S2
AMD Athlon II X4 635 @ 3.5 GHz
GSkill 4GB DDR2 800
Cooler Master Elite 460 RS-460-PSAR-J3 460W
SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD502HJ 500GB 7200
Asus CD/DVD-RW Combo Drive

I'm hoping it's the crapphy ATI HD2100 onboard graphics because I'm getting a 5770 soon.

GamersAreTheBest

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2010
i have noticed this on a laptop once and installed a codec [k lite codec] , evrything went fine , as for youtube get the latest flash player . If there is still the error , i think that ur graphics card is the problem !

DigitalPiracy

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2010
Tried the k lite codec...still nothing. When I woke up this morning it was happening again. I will just have to wait until I get my gfx card to see if that's the problem but right now I don't have the money for it.

DigitalPiracy

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2010
I got my GTX460 which runs great but I'm still encountering this issue. I left the computer for a while and came back, went on YouTube - choppy video, no sound. I don't understand what it could be. Is there somewhere else I can post where someone might actually be able to help me. It seems this part of the forum is all about "should I buy this or that" and not any actual troubleshooting.....